T-Unit's boosted Buick. AKA: the Granny Slapper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Bought this to replace my previous daily driver that gave it's life to save mine in one heck of a crash.

2000 Buick Regal GS. Supercharged 3.8, 4t65eHD, 237k miles. Black/silver/gray leather.

Nick names:
The whiny old hag
GS = Granny Slapper
Boosted Buick

Mods to date : got it yesterday. Full tank of 93 octane, quick drive through wash, and a Spectre black cone filter (hence the whiny old hag) to help it breathe a little better and make it whine louder. Also took off the supercharged trunk badge cause I've had two Grand Prix gtps rev at me sitting at lights. Not interested. It's stock.

More pics to come.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

At this point I have no plans to make it faster. It makes 10psi of boost, does 110mph and gets there easily enough for me.

Other plans include a full detail before the snow flies inside and out, window tint (the stuff on there now is bluing and light) new headlight housings and HIDs, struts all around, cross drilled/slotted rotors, LED swap interior.

This was a damn good find. Book values it at 2k give or take a hundred depending on what condition you rate it. Book values are usually garbage after 15 years. I could easily resell it cleaned up for 2500.

Sent from a flagged XT1254
Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
It's gonna be the ride for our honeymoon so I've got some work to do to it before June but I'm confident in it at the moment.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride Brother!! It will serve you well.
Yeah I hope so. The Grand Prix did and I learned a bit about the w bodies from it. It'll all carry over to the Buick but this one is in much better shape. I can't wait to detail under the hood and fix some stuff like the leaky valve cover gaskets for one. I've got some house projects slowing down the vehicle progress but I did run it through the wash today.
If you're born in West Michigan, you're issued a Z71 and a Grand Prix at birth :badger_1:
The z71 is a fake. But I brought it up to z71 status. The Grand Prix was not boosted but it was damn nice. Leather, strong runner, moderate rust, leak free after I finished working on it. The Buick needs some minor tlc. I'll be doing a fair bit of work to it to get it cross country ready. I don't want oil leaks, which is valve cover gaskets and oil pan gaskets. It'll have good tires, hopefully a nice set of wheels, new struts, some nice brake parts.

Tyler/T-Unit

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Love those cars pretty quick for a granny car. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
My friend Javi has tuning software for your ECU BTW, he's going to be doing my 411 for Pigpen.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Love those cars pretty quick for a granny car. Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
It is. 10psi of boost so far. It'll burn the tires off if I ask it to.
My friend Javi has tuning software for your ECU BTW, he's going to be doing my 411 for Pigpen.
I don't need it. I don't need it. Lalalalalalalalalalalalalala

Tyler/T-Unit

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I had a Grand Prix GTP with a pulley up until March this year. Last time I visited MI was with it and damn, it was fast down there. It'd blow the tires off at will anywhere in 1st, and the tires weren't junk either. Passing on a 2 lane was downright fun. Pulley down 1 size, you won't regret it! At MI's low speed limits, I could pull down 27-30 mpg too.