Swapping to a nv4500 from auto. Have a few questions has anyone done one with a 4500 that came out behind the diesel? Is there any differences?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

packer0440

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As far as the actual transmissions go, they are identical for gas/diesel, as is the bellhousing. Flywheel is different due to different engine balance. I want to say the clutch disc and pressure plate are different (I assume you have a 350) but I can’t 100% confirm. Master and slave should be the same for both gas and diesel also.

Reaction score
Yes I have a 350 and planned on getting a flywheel for my year and for the nv4500 as well as clutch kit slave master all that goodies package. Was gonna order it from rockauto but both kits say for new process or new venture when i look up a 97 c1500. Also have a question what about drive shafts will one from behind a nv3500 work for my nv4500?

packer0440

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes I have a 350 and planned on getting a flywheel for my year and for the nv4500 as well as clutch kit slave master all that goodies package. Was gonna order it from rockauto but both kits say for new process or new venture when i look up a 97 c1500. Also have a question what about drive shafts will one from behind a nv3500 work for my nv4500?
Depends on which tailhousing the trans has, obviously if the NV4500 has a fixed yoke and your current one has a slip yoke that’s an issue. If the C3500 donor was any longer than RCLB it most definitely is fixed yoke (2 piece driveshaft).

Reaction score
It is a two piece shaft that I need because it's for an extended cab 2wd I was just curious if the nv3500 and nv4500 driveshafts were the same or interchangeable or not. If they the same I can just grab a driveshaft out of any 2wd extended cab that had a 5speed.