Swapping head unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LegzRwheelz

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first time posting. How's everyone doing? So what brought me here is seeing if I'm able to swap a Monsoon head unit coming from of my '01 Firebird (R.I.P.) with my '96 Suburban stock head unit and if needed, which pins would need to be switched to make it plug and play? I really loved the sound from my Monsoon (and the red lighting). Has anybody succeeded in doing this? I'm not sure where to begin in searching on Google, I'm decent with electronics but my Google Fu when researching things like this, is sub-par. Thanks for taking the time to read and commenting!

Artinaudio

Reaction score
Does the suburban have the premium sound system? You would also need the monsoon amplifier from the firebird & corresponding harness. In reality the sound that you love from firebird is due mostly to the speaker placement imaging & staging the source unit is a dead head that requires the amp located separately.