Swap Meet Slam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Upgraded the mirrors to real GM parts $$$. The cheap $$ all plastic mirrors were nearly unusable at speeds above 30mph. Lesson learned :D

You must be registered for see images attach

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Continued prep for Power Tour. Full fluid change and what’s left of the paint is getting some love :)

Garage Hack

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the harness stuff from Pick-a-part. There are a few scattered around up there. Google: LKQ. I recommend getting the harness from the door and as far into the cab as you can. Once you have that, you can splice in new wire to run across under the dash. What year is your truck? You'll need to think about a controller.

The RideTech stuff has been great! It's a well thought out kit. No guessing. The C-notch with the extra bracing is very nice. But the shocks are what makes it set it over the top. Ride quality is amazing. Much better than stock, comparable to a newer truck.

My truck is a 90, red exterior, cognac interior. I am looking at GM part 15009690 for the controller but I am still looking at options. I appreciate all of the help. I have limited wrenching skills and tracking down parts and getting the truck to where I want it has been an adventure. I have managed to break more than I have fixed!

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck is a 90, red exterior, cognac interior. I am looking at GM part 15009690 for the controller but I am still looking at options. I appreciate all of the help. I have limited wrenching skills and tracking down parts and getting the truck to where I want it has been an adventure. I have managed to break more than I have fixed!
Well, you started with the right vehicle to help build your skills. For the most part, these trucks are "easy" to work on and there is a wealth of knowledge available to help you troubleshoot and solve most problems.

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Buttoning up some last details before Power Tour. Added a Derale 9” auxiliary fan. The truck normally runs cool to normal, but it hasn't been in any serious heat yet.. plus, there are often long lines getting into events. Gotta keep it cool.. not to mention keep the AC cool for me :D

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Made it to Charlotte 2,400+ mile trip from San Diego. Starting the “Long Haul” with 238,880 miles on the clock - Hot Rod Power Tour 2019

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bristol baby! Great drive through the mountains between Martinsville and Bristol. RideTech StreetGRIP was getting a workout :) Got in some laps at the track before the rain started again.

Garage Hack

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So awesome. This is a bucket list trip for sure! Sounds like the RideTech kit is delivering. Any complaints or is it setup well to trek across the country?