Swap Meet Slam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if they were factory, but the inserts that held the grille in place on my truck were plastic, and the screws kept loosening up, or wouldn't tighten at all. While at the junkyard last weekend, I noticed the “newer” OBS trucks used metal inserts. I grabbed a set to try out, they are MUCH better.

I also found this near perfect ‘94 & up grille. Doesn’t look too bad.. but think I'll stick with the early design for now :D

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm usually more biased towards the 94+ grille, but I have to say your truck looks better with the early grille.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Learn to feel when something snugs, and teach yourself to trust that it's tight enough. It seems that everything I run across that won't tighten up any more is because some insecure gorilla over-tightened it. This weekend I sorted scrap metal with a fellow sergeant. I had a pile of about a hundred battery terminals that were mashed from over-tightening. That's your tax dollars being wasted by young AF mechanics. I'm trying to teach them better.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Someone here (I think it was @shovelbill) once called me "Captain Torque-Wrist" because I stripped an ATV oil drain plug tightening it by hand with a 3/8" drive ratchet. I've annihilated two sets of parking lights for these trucks over-tightening the screws in the corners. (There is a torque spec for those by the way, and it's single digit inch pounds.) I'm very skilled at breaking things. Getting better about being careful the older I get though.