Swap Meet Slam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a set of mid-'90s Corvette Gran Sport wheels that would look great on my truck, but I can't bring myself to run adapters.

I have this adapter for my spare tire. As small as it is, I don't think it would be much of an issue. Of course, you would want to check the lugs for tightness more often.

Awesome to see those on the truck! I have been batting around the same idea (saw blades) but am concerned about brake fitment. From my 4th gen camaro and corvette days I believe the Grand Sport and ZR1 had different rear offsets and the OEM wheels where much lighter than the repo's.

It would be interesting to see if you can feel any difference in the handling with those 17 inch wheels as opposed to the 20 inchers. I know it is like ballroom dancing with a whale but I am surprised how much lighter these trucks feel compared to the modern trucks.

Great stuff as always, thanks for sharing.

I think they are GS wheels, so they are pretty light. The Torq Thrust aren't as bad as you would think, but still no comparison to the 17" ZR1's. If I was building a truck to autocross/road race, I would probably go with 18's.

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I replaced the EGR this past weekend. The truck was having issues under light acceleration, almost sounded like it was loading up, then would clear up with more throttle. After doing some research here, I narrowed it down to the EGR. I popped the stock EGR valve off and it was gummed up bad, barely able to return. I threw on a new AC Delco replacement on and now it runs like a champ.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Nice truck! I just finished reading this build thread and you've done really well with it.(truck and build thread! ) Would love to do power tour some year

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if they were factory, but the inserts that held the grille in place on my truck were plastic, and the screws kept loosening up, or wouldn't tighten at all. While at the junkyard last weekend, I noticed the “newer” OBS trucks used metal inserts. I grabbed a set to try out, they are MUCH better.

I also found this near perfect ‘94 & up grille. Doesn’t look too bad.. but think I'll stick with the early design for now :D

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: