Swap Meet Slam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onelostcause

Reaction score
Stereo is in! Sony XAV-AX1000 adding Bluetooth, SiriusXM, and backup camera to the old truck. All the components and radio came from Crutchfield I added a Metra Electronics Corp. double DIN kit to complete the install. I had the guys at Ronnies Electronics Auto Land install an alarm

You must be registered for see images attach

Love your truck man. I've been thinking about getting this same receiver, since it's actually only the size of a single DIN were you able to avoid cutting the dash?

Last edited:

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Love your truck man. I've been thinking about getting this same receiver, since it's actually only a single DIN inside the dash were you able to avoid cutting the dash?
Partly due to the angle, I still needed to cut the dash. Although it wasn't as much as the Metra kit calls for. There are couple new receivers on the market (including a Sony) that are very thin, and look like the wouldn't requiring any cutting.

onelostcause

Reaction score
Partly due to the angle, I still needed to cut the dash. Although it wasn't as much as the Metra kit calls for. There are couple new receivers on the market (including a Sony) that are very thin, and look like the wouldn't requiring any cutting.

Cool, thanks.

camshend

Reaction score
Along with the StreetGRIP suspension, I upgraded the standard 1990 (88-91) small bearing hubs and brakes to "HD" spindle/rotors/brakes. Which were standard on 1992-up trucks.

Since I was already replacing the spindles, moving to the thicker rotor (1.25" vs. 1") and bigger bearings was an easy decision.

For those that may want to do this "upgrade" on an 88-91 truck. I ordered spindles, rotors (bearings), and calipers for a 1992 truck. Total cost for the new brake parts was around $230. Spindle cost will depend on what you decide to go with, in my case the spindles came with the RideTech kit.

You must be registered for see images attach
This is solid information. I'll use it on my 88