Swap Meet Slam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

My new project. Picked up this cool 1990 Chevrolet C1500, 350, Auto, 2wd, Regular Cab Stepside from a swap meet friend. It’s rough around the edges and is in desperate need of some TLC. Original Arizona truck, and has spent the majority of its life between SoCal and AZ. As you would expect, there is no rust, but everything plastic is a little crispy.

Plan is to make it a fun driver/parts chaser, retaining it's usefulness as a truck and still fun going around corners. @ridetechsuspension 'new' StreetGRIP Suspension System for C1500's is the first major upgrade, and leads the way to where I am going with this project.
I've started scouring the bone yards and craigslist for C1500 parts. Already scored many of the small parts the truck was missing, or were too far gone to mess with. Major order with @lmctruck dropped yesterday :D

Suspension is ordered, and a plan for rolling stock is coming together. Leaning towards @americanracing Torque Thrust II at the moment. #swapmeetslam #projecttruck #wilwaxu #lateralg #protouring #gmt400 #1990 #chevrolet #silverado #c1500 #350 #sbc #partschaser

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Serious work is starting @ridetechsuspension StreetGRIP install underway. First step was field stripping the bed off. Up next cutting out an old C-notch and replacing with the much nicer/stronger Ridetech piece.

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rear is in! Have some clearance issues to work out on the exhaust, and tighten a few bolts. Should be on the ground tomorrow

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Back on the ground. Waiting on a few small parts to start the front end. Meanwhile, back to interior work, speakers, sound deadening etc.. @ridetechsuspension StreetGRIP install.

WILWAXU

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Out with the old.. :D