Swap evo power steering pump for non-evo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, I just did my 99 Tahoe last week using a 96 pump and 96 pressure hose. I put the return hose on new also but it was the same between the two years.
My transfer case is out for a rebuild, so I have not run the truck yet but all the research online said it was a direct swap and that just tying back the connector would not light the check engine light.

L29Sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
GM makes a kit that removes that function. I can be installed without pulling the pump.
Sorry, don't have the #.
It consists of a redesigned spool.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its a pipe that is bent in a S shape that allows you to use the OE HP hose. The pipe threads into the PS pump. The other end has a female threaded socket to accept the hose fitting. I just replaced my pump with a reman that comes with the S pipe AKA EVO bypss pipe in the box. It works grate. The bypass pipe alone is like $60, so the pump with the pipe, is IDK $50 or $60 more. Well worth the extra money IMO, even though $60 for a little S pipe is expensive.