Suspension Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canon Lansdell

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking to buy a rebuild kit for my front suspension on my 98 z71. Any recommendations? Found a kit on 1A Auto for ~$105.

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve never used 1A Auto before. Let me know how it is if you go that route. I used all AC Delco from Rock Auto but I rebuilt my steering and suspension. If you decide to do control arm bushings and ball joints, go ahead and buy the kit with the ball joints and bushings already pressed into new control arms. They aren’t too much more and they’re well worth it. It’s a pain.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great deal though.

It's not a great deal if you're replacing parts again in 6 months, or the violent ending that happens if something lets loose.

With suspension and steering there are safety risks involved for yourself and others around you. It's not the place to save $10 that can cost $100's or $1000's. Skimp elsewhere.

badco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used to only buy moog and use precision wheel bearings but both are junk now. They have plastic sockets now and didnt before. A moog ball joint lasted 6mo and it replacment lasted a yr, while the Detroit axle one i put on same time is still going 4yr later.

Precision wheel bearings last 4-8 months while again cheap Detroit still going 3yr now.

badco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I 4wheel some but not alot, same with mudding some but not often. I pull trailer alot and drive it alot. Has 35x12.5x17s so they a little hard on bearings.