Surco Aluminum Roof Top Basket, 50" x 84"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Selling my Surco 50" x 84" Safari Rack part number S5084 that is fitted with Surco roof rack mounting clamps part number 1101 that allow the rack to be attached to pretty much any factory roof rack. As you can tell this is a huge rack measuring 50" wide by 84" long, we used this on our Suburban to carry various coolers, baby joggers, little red wagons, and other items when we would pull our popup trailer to go camping. We also used it annually to drive out to "the country side" (western Massachusetts) to cut our and my parents trees for the holidays. Other than that, it has been stored in our shed. The rack has not had any lights, shovels or expedition/offroading type stuff attached to it. The black powder coat on the aluminum frame shows use but is in otherwise awesome condition considering I've had it since 2012.

You'll notice the floor of the basket is wood, when I purchased the basket new to the tune of $700 including the clamps, the picture on Amazon showed a complete basket but stated the clamps were extra. So I purchased the basket and the appropriate clamps. When I received it, it appears the flooring is sold in a separate $200 kit, not stated on the ad. Instead of paying to return and the restocking fee, my solution was $10 of wood from the hardware store. This solution has served its purpose perfectly for the past 6 years of use.
If you purchase the rack, you can buy the floor kit if you choose, nothing has been modified that would eliminate the ability to add it.

Also included is the theft deterrent security key that is used when installing on to the vehicle. Only other thing to mention is one of the plastic end caps on one cross bar has gone missing, pictured. Does not affect the use or performance and is simply a cosmetic thing. We bought a new travel trailer with way more storage space and a new pickup for towing which has pretty much eliminated the need for the roof top basket. The rack is admittedly dirty from storage, if you need pictures of it cleaned up, let me know.

Price is $340 for everything, email if you're interested. I live just north of Boston in Wakefield Ma, picking this up would be ideal, I can help with initial install if needed.

I could ship this on the buyers dime, It would require me completely disassembling the rack and not sending the wood pieces, but still might be little pricey.

I am not willing to separate the clamps from the basket.

Any questions, feel free to email me [email protected]

You must be registered for see images attach

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These photos show the missing end cap