Sun visor suppliers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94SL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Who carries sun visors besides LMC? My searches pretty much return the outside door wind deflectors or the metal or fiberglass type for mounting outside over the windshield.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ClassicParts does; they're in the headliner section. Pricey; beware...also, I would call them to be 100% clear but it looks like it is just the upholstered panel, not the rod; so you'll have to transplant them. Not sure how big of a job that is as I've never done it.

Most local auto upholstery shops can re-do yours and do a nice job for not a lot of money. Most seem reluctant to retain the vanity mirror if yours are equipped, though.

Richard

94SL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I thought about getting them reupholstered. I am out in the boonies, a couple hours away from any auto upholstery shops. Currently the old visors are straight, but really just cardboard on the rod at this point. Wow, you aren't kidding about the price at Classicparts. LMC is about the same price for 2. Think they are only half as good?

Maybe I need to hit the pull a part yards this weekend and see what is out there used.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stockinteriors.com is another vendor. They were around $100/pair the last I checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

94SL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the leads guys. Guess they are not going to be cheap no matter where I get them from.

My current set up, on my '94 single cab SL trim, they are not lighted, no vanity mirrors, and just the one mounting point at the outboard edges of the windshield. Did anything about the mounting system change from 94 to 95+? any issue with using SUV parts in a pickup? I assume there isn't, but on the 1st gen S series, there is at least 1 item that looked the same but was a little different (taillights). I do understand I could mod my truck and wire them up, or just use them without lighting. And could figure out how to add a second mounting point as well.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
$100.00 for a pair is a decent price.
I can't sew them on my machines in that original style. I just end up dodging flying s/machine parts. For $100.00, it's not worth the hassle to even attempt covering them.
I CAN recover them, but they are not in the original style. The ones I do have a piping around the edges as opposed to that sewn-on binding. The HotRod guys like 'em, but for a resto they don't cut it.

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
i redid mine. had access to industrial sewing machines at the time.
was cheap to do but took a LOT of time.
left the vanity on ps but removed it on ds because of damage.

94SL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I think I will try looking at a pull-a-part type place for a good pair of used visors. If that doesn't get me what I want I'll have to spring for something new.