Sun visor replacement for 1997 GM truck ... options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DOGFACE

Reaction score
Curious if there is a viable replacement to the factory sun visors in 1990s GMT400 Gm trucks?

My are shot, and everything that I tangible dig up locally is garbage... seems that the design is culprit.

Are there any viable replacements. I'm not concerned with vanity mirrors ect. Vinyl would be awesome.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
They were only available in cloth.
Escalades & Denallis visors had mirrors, lights, & little slide out extensions.
They require the additional clips that mount on either side of the rearview mirror.
GMT800 visors can be made to fit. Takes some modification. Those have a 2-in-1 optional style so that can be used to block the sunlight both to the side & in front at the same time.

Only way to get vinyl ones would to be to have them recovered.

http://www.lmctruck.com/features/cd/CDCI.htm

DOGFACE

Reaction score
They require the additional clips that mount on either side of the rearview mirror.
GMT800 visors can be made to fit. Takes some modification. Those have a 2-in-1 optional style so that can be used to block the sunlight both to the side & in front at the same time.

My 1997 Yukon is an SLT, it came factory with clips on both sides of the visor, and lighted vanity mirrors.

My LMC catalogue only shows visors that do not have an additional clip.... and are $89 per set. I was hoping that I might find visors from another vehicle that would fit the bill.

homesick

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ones from LMC are fine, quality-wise. However, they are the base trim versions- meaning no mirors, no lights, and no slide-out extensions.

For my '95, my local dealer called around and found the last (fancy style with mirror, light, and extension) gray passenger side visor left in the country (he said). He also said there were no more driver's side visors, in gray, to be had.

For the driver's side, I went to a salvage yard and found one that was structurally ok. I had an upholstery shop re-cover it.

joe

blackburb

Reaction score
I adapted a set of early 2000’s Astro visors with Vanity, Primary swivel visor and a secondary front flip down visor to my 97 silverado. Had to redrill the mounting holes but other wise fit well, grey cloth even matched my interior.

bowtie-72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rock Auto has them now. Don’t know how they look or how the price compares to the LMC options. I went to my local pull-a-part yard and got a nice matching pair from a s-10. Bolted right up, but they a bit shorter.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Hmm darn. Guess I'm going to rebuild mine when I do the headliner. 80 to 90 per is way too expensive

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
I'm gonna try some Roadmaster limited visors in my 98 wheni get home. scored them out 5 yrs ago never got around to usin them in anything. Still in perfect shape.