Sum Ting Wong

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BuiltToWork

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Starting to fix up my farm truck (1990 K3500 454) and have bought the shop manual(s).
I couldn't find the diagram in the manual matching my current set up.

Searched this website and found a service manual that includes RVs and that looks similar to how mine is set up.

I suspect someone scabbed parts from a 454 RV and re-arranged the alternator and power steering pump, then removed the air pump and tensioner.

Does anyone have a pic of their 1990 454 engine bay? (I already googled it and didn't get any great results)
I am mostly interested in the power steering pump set up - mine seams very rigged (with zip ties)

You must be registered for see images attach

Vikingdude

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not mine, but here a photo of a 500 mile 1990 big block engine bay. Definitely looks a lot different than what you have. Also, your alternator seems to have fewer ribs than your crank pulley.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Did they still have v belts in 90? Wonder if someone dropped in an early tbi 454? Kinda looks like my old c10s 305 belt set up.