Suburban vs Truck wheel offset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieJC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
will the wheel offsets used on a lowerd pickup be the same front and rear for a lowered suburban, I'm getting a plan together to do Belltech 5/7 on a 96 suburban, i know the correct offset to use 18x8 and 18x9.5 on a truck , thanks

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Should (*should*) be no appreciable difference between a fleetside truck and a Suburban. The front end is 100% the same assemblies and bodywork, and the only difference in the rear is the brakes are larger than the lighter trucks (same brakes as a 1500 eclb by the way).. and the body width and wheelwell opening are same as a fleetside truck.

The one real difference would be the Suburban is more level at stock suspension height than a truck, so it sits lower in the rear; the drop kits for them generally take this into consideration when they're advertised for amount of drop, though.

I just looked back at your post and see you're planning a pretty low drop; if your Suburban has rear A/C be sure to watch out for interference at the hard lines back there - IIRC there's a potential for something to rub on them, maybe the leaf spring, or something. Vague memory. And you might reconsider the drop amount; 5/7 would be appropriate on a truck, but as I said the Suburban is more level so a 5/7 would be a tail-dragger.

Richard

BowtieJC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok thanks ill look into that, don't want a tail dragger. i had one 10 or 12 years ago but i can't remember how much i lowered it in the rear. it did have a c notch and flip kit. it already had 20 inch wheels on it when i got it but they were all 4 same size.