Suburban down.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Got the manifolds loosely on and the other misc components. Need to order a spreader

You must be registered for see images attach

Nice! She's getting there.....

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
tough working in your drive way. i bet you're neighbors are curious on the project, haha.
did the same years ago, except it was 67-72 GM projects, neighbors were alway rolling their eyes on the next incoming vehicle ..... :)

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
tough working in your drive way. i bet you're neighbors are curious on the project, haha.
did the same years ago, except it was 67-72 GM projects, neighbors were alway rolling their eyes on the next incoming vehicle ..... :)

Not even a joke lol. My neighbors or so noisy and you can be working and they'll be lookin at you threw the glass when they drive by lol. Thankfully we all get along so there not that bad. Makes me nervous though because I dont want anybody snitching on me whenever the antifreeze made a mess in the driveway.... I tried to clean it up as fast as possible. Oh and not to mention whenever I was tugging on the motor I was hoping it didnt roll back to the firewall or slide threw the condenser. Glad it's all coming together. I think I'm gonna order a new upper intake and solenoid valve.... the plastic is quite worn out and has 472k miles on it.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Not even a joke lol. My neighbors or so noisy and you can be working and they'll be lookin at you threw the glass when they drive by lol. Thankfully we all get along so there not that bad. Makes me nervous though because I dont want anybody snitching on me whenever the antifreeze made a mess in the driveway.... I tried to clean it up as fast as possible. Oh and not to mention whenever I was tugging on the motor I was hoping it didnt roll back to the firewall or slide threw the condenser. Glad it's all coming together. I think I'm gonna order a new upper intake and solenoid valve.... the plastic is quite worn out and has 472k miles on it.
Yes I would,if it's the original one still on there. Didn't know they'd last that long.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes I would,if it's the original one still on there. Didn't know they'd last that long.

Yup this plastic upper intake original but there really no damage . Just worn where the bolts got through. I'll order a new one anyways so I can have it . If it gets here fast enough I'll install it. Otherwise I'm waiting on a purge solenoid that decided to bust where the bolt goes through

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this pops up every now and then. But heres what i did to install my motor mounts. Harbor freight cheapo tool $20. Saved my ass.
Not gonna lie it sure is a pain and takes a lot of patience, plus a lot of crap falling in your eye but if you hold your tongue right and fish the bolt up it works..... got all 6 tightened and installed without taking the control arms off.
If anybody wants a shot I recommend it. Oh and dont try it with mosquitoes around..... guarantee you'll drop the bolts or bang your head lol. Dont ask how I know....

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well heres the latest. Not sure if I did it right but got the manifolds wrapped to help the starter mostly.... got it pretty much ready to throw in. Waiting on firewall insulation and other small misc stuff. Shes gonna get thrown in next weekend if it works out.

Attachments

• 20210619_092707.jpg
    20210619_092707.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20210619_092731.jpg
    20210619_092731.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 9