Suburban down.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did have headers for the longest time but had to many issues with the flanges. So ended up going back to stock manifolds.

Also if you did get into plumbing. It has different areas to offer. Service, commercial, installs and sewers. Each having there own pluses and minuses.

Tahoe and Yukon are nice my dad has one. I just for some reason grew up loving the suburban more lol. But having a truck is also something i could see having it's own benefits and more practical for life style. I never owned a silverado but my friend has a 2door Cheyenne that is pretty awesome. I really wish I could purchase a crew cab dually with a 7.4 but I have no need for it lol
That’s what I’m afraid of with headers. I know what you mean by liking the suburban better lol, there’s always gonna be one vehicle you always like more. Having a truck is nice. That’s nice to know theres that many things involved with plumbing, I’m not sure what I’ll do as of right now job wise, I’m probably gonna try to stay where I’m at for as long as possible but who knows what could happen. I really would rather have a truck than anything just because you never know what you may need to throw in the bed.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That’s what I’m afraid of with headers. I know what you mean by liking the suburban better lol, there’s always gonna be one vehicle you always like more. Having a truck is nice. That’s nice to know theres that many things involved with plumbing, I’m not sure what I’ll do as of right now job wise, I’m probably gonna try to stay where I’m at for as long as possible but who knows what could happen. I really would rather have a truck than anything just because you never know what you may need to throw in the bed.

Sounds like a plan. If you went with headers I would get good ones. Unless your gonna be pushing that kind of power . I like the manifolds better. Changing the plugs are so much easier. If I did get a 383. I would keep the stock manifold. Most I'll do Is a new exhaust system. But well see what happens

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. If you went with headers I would get good ones. Unless your gonna be pushing that kind of power . I like the manifolds better. Changing the plugs are so much easier. If I did get a 383. I would keep the stock manifold. Most I'll do Is a new exhaust system. But well see what happens
Well that’s what made me think of headers. I was gonna go with the summit shortys, I have to replace pretty much the full exhaust system anyway, so I figured I could just get headers but I’ll probably stick with stock manifolds for now. I eventually wanna get some doug thorley tri ys, but that’s like $700-$800 and that’s hard to justify.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well that’s what made me think of headers. I was gonna go with the summit shortys, I have to replace pretty much the full exhaust system anyway, so I figured I could just get headers but I’ll probably stick with stock manifolds for now. I eventually wanna get some doug thorley tri ys, but that’s like $700-$800 and that’s hard to justify.

Well I agree. That's quit a chunk of change lol. But I will say this. Getting quality stuff is so much better than getting cheap stuff. I bought cheap headers. You get what you pay for. If you do the same you'll end up replacing those parts anyways again. But it goes down to what gets the truck on the road versus what you want. That's the dilemma I'm in. I want to have this truck completed so it can be reliable for my son. I got some time though he wont be behind the wheel anytime soon lol.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well got the newer bezel in and tested my new dash light switch . So far I'm happy.

You must be registered for see images attach

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I agree. That's quit a chunk of change lol. But I will say this. Getting quality stuff is so much better than getting cheap stuff. I bought cheap headers. You get what you pay for. If you do the same you'll end up replacing those parts anyways again. But it goes down to what gets the truck on the road versus what you want. That's the dilemma I'm in. I want to have this truck completed so it can be reliable for my son. I got some time though he wont be behind the wheel anytime soon lol.
Very true. I’ll probably just end up sticking with my stock manifolds due to the simple fact, no headers =less money. Lol.