Suburban down.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Congrats S5. You've played a blinder. It will be so rewarding driving that Suburban knowing it goes so well because of the effort you expended.
Exactly. A lot of hard work and hours went Into this. Thank you for the kind words now I just need to figure the ac. Its getting pretty hot over here in Houston

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well today I went to start the truck. Ac blowing cold. Smh lol. Plugged in my cheapo code reader and found that cylinder #3 has a misfire detected. Sel hasn't came on but it explains why the motor idles and sways. I bet it's a wire or the cap. I'll play with it later. On the bright side the oil pressure is where it should be on my guage. Feels great to have a motor idle at good oil pressure. Oh and last I had a coolant hose needing to be tightened. I'm gonna test it again to make sure theres no more leaks. Still happy though

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok a/c being wierd. So heres the symptoms. First start up ac works normal and blows cold. After idling for a good while the compressor just stops and I loose ac again. Give it some hours to relax and the process starts all over again. Any ideas what I should check first??? I felt like if it was low on freon it would run on and off a lot and constant instead of acting normal until 30 to 40 min later and then just stop...

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
Ok a/c being wierd. So heres the symptoms. First start up ac works normal and blows cold. After idling for a good while the compressor just stops and I loose ac again. Give it some hours to relax and the process starts all over again. Any ideas what I should check first??? I felt like if it was low on freon it would run on and off a lot and constant instead of acting normal until 30 to 40 min later and then just stop...

First thing I would try (other then seeing the pressure while it is running, but that's just habit) is to bypass the low side switch and see if the compressor comes on. I'm assuming the pressures are in expected ranges for the situation.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First thing I would try (other then seeing the pressure while it is running, but that's just habit) is to bypass the low side switch and see if the compressor comes on. I'm assuming the pressures are in expected ranges for the situation.
I'm gonna go to harbor freight get a guage set . If the pressures are not at the normal levels after a while what would that indicate? Low freon, bad air flow, weak compressor??

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
I'm gonna go to harbor freight get a guage set . If the pressures are not at the normal levels after a while what would that indicate? Low freon, bad air flow, weak compressor??
I'd have to see the pressures to give you a direction. Don't make the rookie mistake, both valves need to be closed when checking the pressures. :p

My GUESS it won't be catastrophic since it works sometimes. Most likely something simple on the compressor control side.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd have to see the pressures to give you a direction. Don't make the rookie mistake, both valves need to be closed when checking the pressures. :p

My GUESS it won't be catastrophic since it works sometimes. Most likely something simple on the compressor control side.
First chance I get I'll let you know what I find. Thanks for the help.