Suburban down.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well IMO not bad for my 1st custom cubby. Got it painted and installed. Just big enough to fit a lighter and maybe other nicnacs

You must be registered for see images attach

Got some before and after pic and the lining I used

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Pinger

I downloaded the Manuel. Found this. Looks like your right according to the definition. Gonna dig deeper. But just found this page. Havent physically tested the suburban yet.

Looking at fuse battery and fuse ignition a

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Think I getting warmer. Acc fuse has the highest current. Went from .12 to .09mv

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well got the module for the remote keyless disconnected and the mv went from .12 to .09 anybody know if that's within spec? Or is the module drawing to much current?

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well thanks to @east302 found out I have a vintage gm car alarm:)
Learn something new every day

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well thanks for the help. Think I got it figured out. Plugged the remote module and got .07mv which is within spec. With remote module and alarm module disconnected got .05 which is really good... so think its safe to say the alarm module is pulling the most current. Since gm no longer sells the alarm module I'm pretty sure I'm sol until I either get it removed or get a new alarm system. Learned a lot from this and thanks again to @Pinger . Will keep everybody posted whenever I'm finally able to tackle the big stuff:)

Oh and as a side note that remote module is a pain to remove and reinstall. Good luck to anybody who messes with it

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well once again learn something new. The button under the dash is an alarm emergency bypass.
Heres what it does
Say you lose or dont have your remote
Open the door with the key and alarm will go off. Press the button and it turns it off so you can start the motor.......

In 23yrs since day 1..... my dad and I never knew that....... very awesome feature.....

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Well once again learn something new. The button under the dash is an alarm emergency bypass.
Heres what it does
Say you lose or dont have your remote
Open the door with the key and alarm will go off. Press the button and it turns it off so you can start the motor.......

In 23yrs since day 1..... my dad and I never knew that....... very awesome feature.....

That's a good place for a kill switch. That's one of the things I want to do on mine when I do all the dashboard work.
That looks like the column mounting bracket? Have to look at mine in the morning. Trying to get warmed up in the trailer now LOL. Day like today, my truck is a "Brrrr- ban"......

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a good place for a kill switch. That's one of the things I want to do on mine when I do all the dashboard work.
That looks like the column mounting bracket? Have to look at mine in the morning. Trying to get warmed up in the trailer now LOL. Day like today, my truck is a "Brrrr- ban"......
Your correct. Dash bracket. It's a very interesting system. Wish there were info about it. Gm had several models back then

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nothing big but got new door switch installed and some LEDs installed in the ashtray.