Suburban down.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get yourself a stethoscope or use a long screw driver and put it to your ear and touch the blade to different spots until it's the loudest. But, a stethoscope works better. A buddy of mine, years ago, had the earpiece from one of those antique candlestick phones and screwed a piece of threaded rod into it - wow! That thing worked great!

Awesome. I will do that for sure. Thanks for the tip

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Awesome. I will do that for sure. Thanks for the tip
Several companies have a mechanic's stethoscope in their line. Lisle made a nice one, but HF and Northern Tools probably have them too. Very helpful tool, just be careful about where you stick the probe(it's long and easy to get it caught on/in the engine accessories).

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Several companies have a mechanic's stethoscope in their line. Lisle made a nice one, but HF and Northern Tools probably have them too. Very helpful tool, just be careful about where you stick the probe(it's long and easy to get it caught on/in the engine accessories).

Well christmas is coming up lol. Sounds like a needed present:)

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Today just getting everything ready for when the time comes to start hammering away. Gonna pull the drums to see if my shoes were getting hung up . Wish I had real jackstands like my job lol.

Some time soon gonna strip the paint of the wheels and repaint them. They need some love

You must be registered for see images attach

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those shoes don't look terrible. What makes you want to go after the axle seals? That pinion seal is an EASY kill, I'd get after that first.

The passenger shoe is to the rivet lol and the driver seal is wet where the axle meets. I also need to replace/repair the backing plate, there getting dug into:)