Suburban down.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I could weld I would of swapped my rear from barn door to tailgate long time ago lol. It's on my wish list to do
I’m not sure if I would trust myself welding on my truck. I really want cab lights but that’s a hard thing to commit to lol. I’m not sure if I would like the barn doors or tailgate better really.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m not sure if I would trust myself welding on my truck. I really want cab lights but that’s a hard thing to commit to lol. I’m not sure if I would like the barn doors or tailgate better really.

If this Suburban was an HD. And was really rugged-looking. Then I think I would put cab lights on it. I like how they put the marker and lights on the new HDS. I think it puts a good look to it. But since mine's of 1500 and not the biggest in the world. The most I'll do is put a light bar on the roof. As far as barn doors. They've been on the Suburban since day one. I've gotten used to it. But I like the idea of having the glass open if I put something long in the back of the truck. Instead of leaving the doors open with a bungee. Then of course I like visibility plus the wiper. I do work on my truck. So it would be nice to have a tailgate to work on vs the back floor of the Suburban.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If this Suburban was an HD. And was really rugged-looking. Then I think I would put cab lights on it. I like how they put the marker and lights on the new HDS. I think it puts a good look to it. But since mine's of 1500 and not the biggest in the world. The most I'll do is put a light bar on the roof. As far as barn doors. They've been on the Suburban since day one. I've gotten used to it. But I like the idea of having the glass open if I put something long in the back of the truck. Instead of leaving the doors open with a bungee. Then of course I like visibility plus the wiper. I do work on my truck. So it would be nice to have a tailgate to work on vs the back floor of the Suburban.
I wish they made all 2500-3500s come with them no matter what. I love the look of cab lights, I just don’t know about drilling holes in the roof. I like the newer cab lights and i think they look great on these trucks but I wanna keep mine with the older, original look. I didn’t even think about the back glass opening. I do see where the glass opening And having the tailgate to do stuff on would help out a lot.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish they made all 2500-3500s come with them no matter what. I love the look of cab lights, I just don’t know about drilling holes in the roof. I like the newer cab lights and i think they look great on these trucks but I wanna keep mine with the older, original look. I didn’t even think about the back glass opening. I do see where the glass opening And having the tailgate to do stuff on would help out a lot.

Well one thing I'll say. Is look at a lot of pictures and what the guys do on the Forum. To determine the look you want. I've done a lot of cosmetic changes to the Suburban. And over the years it's money I could have had four more important stuff. Although I did try to look at pictures of what I was going for. It wasn't until these last 2 years that I knew hundred percent what I wanted. So if I were you I would see exactly what look you're going for to determine height Wheels lights grills and anything as far as interior or audio.
Now of course if I had unlimited resources. It wouldn't matter so much. But like I said on other threads. At the end of the day I want this one to be as OEM as possible. But a good enough power to do miscellaneous stuff that the truck will need to do. And if all goes well whoever wants it after me in my family. Can have a good solid rig that will have decent power. And functions that the truck did not originally come with. Meaning in the country have lights to shine. Locking diff. In case you're at the beach or in a muddy area. You get my drift

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well one thing I'll say. Is look at a lot of pictures and what the guys do on the Forum. To determine the look you want. I've done a lot of cosmetic changes to the Suburban. And over the years it's money I could have had four more important stuff. Although I did try to look at pictures of what I was going for. It wasn't until these last 2 years that I knew hundred percent what I wanted. So if I were you I would see exactly what look you're going for to determine height Wheels lights grills and anything as far as interior or audio.
Now of course if I had unlimited resources. It wouldn't matter so much. But like I said on other threads. At the end of the day I want this one to be as OEM as possible. But a good enough power to do miscellaneous stuff that the truck will need to do. And if all goes well whoever wants it after me in my family. Can have a good solid rig that will have decent power. And functions that the truck did not originally come with. Meaning in the country have lights to shine. Locking diff. In case you're at the beach or in a muddy area. You get my drift
That’s very true, this forum changed my mind a lot. I’d love to do a SAS but that’s not practical as I still wanna be able to use it as a truck, plus I’m never gonna do any extreme off roading. I think I’ll probably do a 6” lift with 35’s or 36’s. I would absolutely love to get some headlights from rzlightz, but $600 for headlights? I will probably put a 383 or a big block in it, I don’t wanna make insane power but probably over 400hp is my goal. My ultimate goal is to do a frame off restoration and build it exactly like I want it. If i went into detail this post would be even more of a book lmao. One thing I’ve been fighting with myself about for months is do I wanna go with a modern look or keep it classic, i.e bullet holes or some 20x12’s. I think I may build this to more of a classic truck and build another modern one. I have too many plans and not enough money.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That’s very true, this forum changed my mind a lot. I’d love to do a SAS but that’s not practical as I still wanna be able to use it as a truck, plus I’m never gonna do any extreme off roading. I think I’ll probably do a 6” lift with 35’s or 36’s. I would absolutely love to get some headlights from rzlightz, but $600 for headlights? I will probably put a 383 or a big block in it, I don’t wanna make insane power but probably over 400hp is my goal. My ultimate goal is to do a frame off restoration and build it exactly like I want it. If i went into detail this post would be even more of a book lmao. One thing I’ve been fighting with myself about for months is do I wanna go with a modern look or keep it classic, i.e bullet holes or some 20x12’s. I think I may build this to more of a classic truck and build another modern one. I have too many plans and not enough money.

Same here lol. Although if I had a 6lug I love the black and machined oem from the 14-19 wheels. That was a big time will do. But since I got the 5 lug and I love my spare decided to get the steelies. That way there all matching and cheap enough to replace if they got damage.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Same here lol. Although if I had a 6lug I love the black and machined oem from the 14-19 wheels. That was a big time will do. But since I got the 5 lug and I love my spare decided to get the steelies. That way there all matching and cheap enough to replace if they got damage.
That’s very true. I love the wheels that came on 2500hds the 5 spoke star looking ones(dont know the year range lol). Im just not sure about adapters plus i want something with some offset to give it a better stance. My favorite aftermarket wheels though are TIS 544BMs or the ones in the same model but chrome or chrome red lol.