Suburban down.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did have headers for the longest time but had to many issues with the flanges. So ended up going back to stock manifolds.

Also if you did get into plumbing. It has different areas to offer. Service, commercial, installs and sewers. Each having there own pluses and minuses.

Tahoe and Yukon are nice my dad has one. I just for some reason grew up loving the suburban more lol. But having a truck is also something i could see having it's own benefits and more practical for life style. I never owned a silverado but my friend has a 2door Cheyenne that is pretty awesome. I really wish I could purchase a crew cab dually with a 7.4 but I have no need for it lol
When you replaced your headers with manifolds, what brand hardware did you use? I was looking on rock auto and they only offer felpro, and doorman.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Manifolds were oem( original) donut gasket was Mahle and manifold gasket was 2 types. I used felpro as a test if they leak I got mahle oem steel type
I put felpro on when i swapped my motor, but me not knowing back then i used the original bolts.
Oh and bolts are felpro. But as a tip I used lock washers and loctite
That’s probably what i will do, thank you for the info lol.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put felpro on when i swapped my motor, but me not knowing back then i used the original bolts.

That’s probably what i will do, thank you for the info lol.

Anytime and it's ok the manifold bottom has the original studs. I went to my local hardware store and got some flange bolts and it worked great so far

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anytime and it's ok the manifold bottom has the original studs. I went to my local hardware store and got some flange bolts and it worked great so far
I’m gonna have to figure something out with mine, I may just the the full exhaust done from manifolds back. It’s cut right at the passenger side floorboard anyways because I cut the cats off.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m gonna have to figure something out with mine, I may just the the full exhaust done from manifolds back. It’s cut right at the passenger side floorboard anyways because I cut the cats off.

I thought about doing that to my muffler lol. But I figured I keep the cats and do a magna flow or something for the muffler. I heard obd2 are high flow cats anyways

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought about doing that to my muffler lol. But I figured I keep the cats and do a magna flow or something for the muffler. I heard obd2 are high flow cats anyways
Well when i got my truck the exhaust was already cut right behind the cab, i just cut the cats off hoping that would be my problem but it wasn’t sadly.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well when i got my truck the exhaust was already cut right behind the cab, i just cut the cats off hoping that would be my problem but it wasn’t sadly.

Well visit the junk yard and cut the size panel you need. I wish I was a welder but that's my downfall

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well visit the junk yard and cut the size panel you need. I wish I was a welder but that's my downfall
I may have to do that. I have a mig welder but I’m rusty with it. I used to be pretty good with it but i stopped using it. I’m pretty good with a stick welder though.