Suburban 454 / 7.4 Exhaust Options in 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TKerr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Magnaflow 23453 Direct Fit Catalytic Converter for manifold to muffler flange.
And:
You must be registered for see images attach

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know what prices are for your local exhaust shop, but if I were to go this route for my truck it would be around $500-$600 for a system like I described from the muffler shop I go to.

That's pretty reasonable.

Here's stuff

The single outlet exhaust can't be configured to fit a 454, just 350s.

That's not to say it won't since the 350 and 454 systems are very similar, even my old system and my dad's 350/c2500 system looked the same and were sized the same.

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it were me and I had a little money to burn, I'd get a Black Bear tuned PCM with the EGR and CATs deleted, Hedman or Gibson shorties to a single 3" pipe through a high flow cat of some sort, and the either run it 3" single out the back or do a single in/dual out muffler with 2 1/2 inch or 3 inch tail pipes.

I don't know what prices are for your local exhaust shop, but if I were to go this route for my truck it would be around $500-$600 for a system like I described from the muffler shop I go to.

I live too close to Denver so I have to get emissions. They pull out a mirror on a stick to check under vehicles to make sure there’s still cats installed.

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's not to say it won't since the 350 and 454 systems are very similar, even my old system and my dad's 350/c2500 system looked the same and were sized the same.
I just did the exhaust myself on my 98 350 last October and was wondering if The same setup would work.
Cats- http://a.co/fQDtZEJ
Cat back with muffler- http://a.co/9CFf0UA
Going to get under both and do some measuring. Since I went with the high flow option I was thinking the pipes might be the same diameter but have to take the time to check it all out. Other than that I think I found a walker exhaust drivers side with Y pipe and passenger side that are direct bolt in.
But for over $600 dollars for just the cat setup I’m thinking I might keep looking, maybe buy the parts and weld it myself.

TKerr

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have used it on two other 454 suburbans with no issue. One was a 1997 and the other 1998. My current truck came with a single from factory until I changed it. But my current exhaust is custom and the new exhaust going in it has to be custom, but that is because of my setup.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have used it on two other 454 suburbans with no issue. One was a 1997 and the other 1998. My current truck came with a single from factory until I changed it. But my current exhaust is custom and the new exhaust going in it has to be custom, but that is because of my setup.
So, do you have a part number?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I went with this bus muffler from Walker and a Diamondeye 4" tailpipe. Dual 2.75"inlets, we'll see how it all goes together when I get home to deal with it.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did, it's somewhere in my dually thread. Link in sig. I think I did that fall of 2018?
How is the sound on the muffler. Walker tech told me buss muffler would be louder than standard large body truck muffler(4" in/out)