stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
I'm 10 minutes across the border from Washington state.
We don't get very much snow here.
Rain? Oh yea. But that's only during the monsoon season, mid-October to mid-April.
Whatever snow we get doesn't last more than a couple of weeks or so.
...and that snow is a heavy, wet, greasy goo. Melts quick, which equals mud. ...slides. (Our road was taken out 3x in a month!)
No salt. Minimal brine. That stuff gets washed off quick with the melting snow & the subsequent rain storms.
Prime rust-free 400's are not all that uncommon around here.
Just don't tell anybody. It's supposed to be a locals-only secret.
That's what I understand about PNW trucks is the lack of rust. Great area to pick up a clean 400. I'm in Coastal Georgia and we certainly don't deal with much rain or ANY snow to speak of. For example, it's already in the mid 80s here. However, my one-owner truck came from the Iowa/N Missouri area. Even though the original owner had the underside coated (thankfully), I'm still dealing with the removal of some surface rust where the coating dried out and was coming off and also in places the coating missed. Nothing too major yet.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
If I had 10 kids that needed to go on a family vacation in Alaska with a 20’ travel trailer and carry 5 dogs and everyone’s stuff. Or to be a oversized daily driver

I think this would be perfect for both of those
https://www.ebay.com/itm/134084128925
You must be registered for see images attach

Too pricey though; and I only have 2 dogs, no travel trailer, 1 child who is grown up, and no planned trip to Alaska.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I only have 2 dogs, no travel trailer, 1 child who is grown up, and no planned trip to Alaska.
Some people go to Alaska. Others, Mexico.
Depends on one's own personal weather preferences.
But it's usually for the same reasons. Not always planned.
(Exit...Stage left! Gotta go. C-ya! I am. outa-here. Bye. :driver:)

"I've never been so broke that I couldn't leave town."
~The Doors~

Words to live by.

Attachments

• 1650468659894.png
    1650468659894.png
    374 bytes · Views: 2
Last edited:

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
If I had 10 kids that needed to go on a family vacation in Alaska with a 20’ travel trailer and carry 5 dogs and everyone’s stuff. Or to be a oversized daily driver

I think this would be perfect for both of those
https://www.ebay.com/itm/134084128925

Too pricey though; and I only have 2 dogs, no travel trailer, 1 child who is grown up, and no planned trip to Alaska.
That had better have a Duramax in it for that price

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a Blazer with a body kit and a V6. Now I need a S10 with a body kit and V6
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/san-jose-2000-chevy-s10/7469171518.html

I didn't pay that much for my Blazer but it doesn't have 30k miles.

Edit: I cropped the image poorly and left in the snipping tool screen up. I'm getting too old to use computers
Nice truck. I think it'd look better if it had wider wheels/tires on it to fill out the wheel well better with that body kit making it things wider.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/itm/313963826494
I know its okay with me, and my wife called it "cute", meaning it is a maybe. :Big Laugh::Big Laugh:

My wife has a thing for 50s, slightly rusty, baby blue single cab trucks. And it isn't horrifically far away too. I just don't know if I want to buy it.