stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I'd suspect the PO probably swapped to the pre-95 mirrors at some point in the truck's life.

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Guess I can’t complain after paying $4500 for my 1996 K1500 w/46,000 miles. Mine doesn’t have leather though!
That would sell pretty damn quick in Iowa for that price, lol. The leather in these trucks are actually pretty nice, and smells a lot better than the cloth seats. Of course, in my 96 the leather seat bottom on the driver’s side has definitely seen better days, but no way would I trade for cloth! Just gotta watch out for back sweat stains in the summer…

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would sell pretty damn quick in Iowa for that price, lol. The leather in these trucks are actually pretty nice, and smells a lot better than the cloth seats. Of course, in my 96 the leather seat bottom on the driver’s side has definitely seen better days, but no way would I trade for cloth! Just gotta watch out for back sweat stains in the summer…
Had a a leather 98 back in the day, it was nice. But my current 96 with cloth and only just over 50k is still in like new condition, so no smells.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course, in my 96 the leather seat bottom on the driver’s side has definitely seen better days, but no way would I trade for cloth!
Yeah, I have cloth seats in my 88 and every time my wife rides with me she complains it's too hard to slide over getting in. I always answer, I can go buy leather seats. I get that stare she always gives me o_O

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Corduroy or brushed cotton pants act like Velcro on GM velour/fabric seat covers. When I was in high school, our uniforms were either polyester slacks or corduroy Levi's, and we had that Buick LeSabre Estate Wagon then...with velour seats that were beige like cream gravy. Good thing they were Scotchgard treated! That stuff actually does work! That car was our first pewter swap meet hauler, almost 40 years ago now( we bought it a week before my brother was born, and he's 39 the end of the month). Not the best color interior for a family with a baby, but it was a dealership demonstrator car, and they cut us a great deal on it since the 83s were out. Very little difference in the big GM wagons then, year to year, but by 84 I think all the Buicks were badged as Electras.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The seat bottoms get worn out because everyone ends up dragging themselves in and out of the truck, especially the driver's seat where all you have to grab is the steering wheel. Too often I do that on the second row, small seat on the passenger side. I have to make myself think about lifting up to get in and out, and then you have to remember to tuck your head down so you don't smack the door jamb( which rather hurts!).

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The seat bottoms get worn out because everyone ends up dragging themselves in and out of the truck, especially the driver's seat where all you have to grab is the steering wheel. Too often I do that on the second row, small seat on the passenger side. I have to make myself think about lifting up to get in and out, and then you have to remember to tuck your head down so you don't smack the door jamb( which rather hurts!).
I try to be aware as well. You have make a deliberate maneuver to avoid doing that!

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
"I know what I got..."

I want what this guy is smoking...