stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Love the look of those but i couldnt see myself owning one. I like them but that costs more than the tahoe i just bought lol

That's the nice thing about old trucks though, or old car's. If you just want a driver, that's simple lol. They don't need to be restored to perfection, just solid and reliable.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I told you they are out there lol.

I know they're out there,
I've got a -5-10 minute commute every morning and afternoon, I feel like this rig could do it in 2 minutes.

I wonder what mileage this pig gets? 1 or 2? Maybe 3 with a strong tailwind?

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I know they're out there,
I've got a -5-10 minute commute every morning and afternoon, I feel like this rig could do it in 2 minutes.

I wonder what mileage this pig gets? 1 or 2? Maybe 3 with a strong tailwind?

I would imagine it's honestly around 12 or so.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would imagine it's honestly around 12 or so.

I feel like that's really optimistic... I'd be surprised if it's in the double digits.

My dad's stock '06 3500 gets around 13MPG average, that's with the LQ4 6.0L LS motor. I can't imagine that old dinosaur 454 with power adders and huge wheels/tires would do any better than that.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
https://columbiamo.craigslist.org/cto/5870687060.html

I've been really struggling with myself trying not to go look at this. I shouldn't be spending the money right now but this would be such an awesome starting point for my LQ9/T56 swap project...

I'd say gofer, this one looks really clean; all the ones I see on my CL area are ragged out, faded, beat up piles.
3rd/4th Gen always make the best platforms for cheap go fast toys after some work,

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I feel like that's really optimistic... I'd be surprised if it's in the double digits.

My dad's stock '06 3500 gets around 13MPG average, that's with the LQ4 6.0L LS motor. I can't imagine that old dinosaur 454 with power adders and huge wheels/tires would do any better than that.

I've never had a blower lower my fuel mileage, except when they first go on and I lead foot it everywhere lol. Although I kind of skimmed over the and turbo part the first time I looked.