stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
Aw man!

Yeah they’re square bodies and 400’s and whatever internal name they called the gmc/Chevy trucks before squares! no need to EL’s are for person who needs hauling abilities but doesn’t want a truck weird niche of type a thang that was successful
I see some every now and then. My wife's parents have one for that reason. They aren't truck people, but need a truck. So funny when I go to Louisiana and they have the weeks trash in the back of it. I've driven it a few times, it drives like a Monte Carlo.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What type of parts mr. Awful?

Good hood hinges, trim pieces in varying condition, a good front bumper, grille, and corner lights, a dashboard that's good for parts, recoverable door panels, the firewall vacuum hose collection, and the engine bay wiring harness. There's probably more that I've forgotten. It all goes at once, for $100 firm.

I have it listed as local pickup only because shipping four foot long trim pieces would drive the price up another hundred dollars.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
...after Chevelle era EL’s then they were based on monte’s just with truck bits after the front seats lol
I've had El Caminos. Cowboy Cadillacs.
They were perfect. Perfectly useless.
Useless as a car. (Buckets = I'm not a taxi!)
Useless as a truck. (A car suspension + 18" box sides. Seriously. What could the pay-load actually be? Four 3-string bales of hay and it's maxed out!)
But they were perfect for my needs.
In '78/'79 I had a job unloading them off of the rail cars onto the auto carriers. Had to have one of my own!
El Caminos from '78-'81 were based on the A-body platform & from '82-'87 that designation was changed to G-body, but the change was just on paper as the vehicles did not.
The last G-body was '88.
The last ElCo was '87, although there's a rumor that 200 unsold '87's were registered as '88's.
From '78-'88 there were some 27 different vehicles based on the G-body platform.
Chevy, Pontiac, Olds, Buick, all had their versions.
Under an ElCo on a hoist & you can see the same rear seat foot wells that every sedan or coupe in the G-body line had. It's all about the sheetmetal.
The last GM mid-size built with a full perimeter frame.
The last GM mid-size that can actually handle some serious power without being twisted into a pretzel.
If it just wasn't for the infamous 'G-Body Shuffle'.
Grand Nationals & T-types tried to alleviate that with the addition of a longitudinal torque arm + a panhard & a sway bar.
Too bad that that tech didn't trickle down the rest of the line. But by the time of that development, the writing was on the wall for the G-body.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score