stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
The real problem with Escalade interior is WEARING unless like I mentioned you actually get dirty and bringing it into the truck. But wear is the biggest thing for my mileage my interior is pretty flipping nice 265k I think lol if not that it’s not long before it is that lol! Most are trashed steering wheels are huge on wearing quickly and seat bottoms but most you see just weren’t taken care of since 800 Escalade most consider the true first gen Lol oils or just any kinda products on your hands like anything I think eat though that leather color but letting anyone who is going to put they’re hands on the wheel with the possibility of being “dirty” you tell before hand on doing wheel condom or just clean your F’n DB’s before you rest em on my wheel! But fyi that wood all of it besides the dash bezel is real wood it’s a super thin veneer I found out when doin my tweeters passenger side has a tiny chip that shows the wood it’s on ”gmt400 Escalade” thread

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The real problem with Escalade interior is WEARING unless like I mentioned you actually get dirty and bringing it into the truck.
The work I do requires that I be clean. The shop, too.
Two tool boxes. One for mechanical only. The other just for upholstery.
Even keeping the mechanical tools pretty clean, short of wiping everything with acetone everytime, they still have that thin, thin layer of oil on 'em. Enough to cause problems when working with leather. @ $12.00+/sq.ft. or $206.00/linear yard. (36"x 54") Small oops's can get expensive.
Leather of any color doesn't like bearing grease! Engine oil. Rust dust gets right into the pores.
Bring light colored hides into the shop & I get all mother-bear protective.
"Yea! It IS nice leather. But, puhleeease,...just...stop! STOP! Stop petting it with yer grubby mitts!"

I've actually asked girls/ladies/women if they would remove their shoes before getting in some of the vehicles I've had.
"Seriously?"
"Uhh, yea. I spent 4 hours earlier today, detailing every inch of this interior getting ready for you & this date tonight."
"Really? Take off my shoes?"
"Dem's da rules. But don't worry. We'll work up to removing more after dinner."
Some got in. Some didn't.
My kids an wife make the most mess!!
Wife sent down the road. Kid's are grown.
Sooo...have this guy.
Hair-shedding/mess-making/problem child/co-pilot.
Non-destructive but there's got to be some kind of industrial use for the nose goo & slobber. Stuff's tenacious.
Having short hair doesn't mean he sheds any less. Stuff collects everywhere, in the tiniest nooks & crannies.

You must be registered for see images attach

hot water with a good towel does most of the cleaning! I just juiced them up for the first time ever “leather condition” in my 11yrs ownership!
That's the best way to maintain leather.
Never anything stronger than a weak mix of mild soap. ('Ivory' is a pure soap. 1 tbsp to a gallon + a couple of drops of vinegar.)
No ammonia. (Windex) No petroleum based cleaners. No detergents.
When a 'conditioner' is required, don't use the cheap chit.
Most of those use a base of paraffin wax, which clogs the leather's pores, preventing it from breathing, (Leather is a fiber, not a textile.) and the wax retains dirt.
Use automotive specific conditioners. Hides for automotive have undergone a different tanning process than boot/belt/purse leather.
It's the fine dirt that's on the surface of leather that wears the surface away as it gets worked around when sat on. Wax-based conditioners hold that dirt.
Avoid anything advertised as a 'Conditioner and Waterproofer'. That's wax.
Look for products containing natural oils.
Once a year or once a month. Depends on geo-location. Where the vehicle gets parked. (Garage? Car port? Edge of the desert directly under the sun, 12 months a year?)
How much seat time is put in?
High heat & low humidity dries leather.

I like Murphy's Oil Soap as a cleaner.
Leather Honey (The favorite!) or Lexol for a conditioner.
Chemical Guys & Meguiar's Gold Class make better than average leather treatments.
Granger's & Nu also have some good auto specific conditioners.
The better the product (more $$$, of course!) the less often it has to be applied.

Steering Wheels!

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
I can't fit my 2 dogs in my truck. For one, I only have a single cab and it's a tight fit and one doesn't have a center seat. Another reason is I own a great dane and a greyhound. If one ever gets out I'm never gonna catch it, I'm not Usian bolt and I'm not a contestant on "World's Strongest Man".

What I can catch is good deals! https://www.ebay.com/itm/275274217879

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Yeah conditioner was honey leather an I hear yeah on yeah I said take off them stompers you call shoes total understand!! But I also have a “work car” 09 Ford Fusion that has 67k miles I bought in 18 it’s base model but that’s all I need for it to get me to n fro work! It has the microfiber seats that feel old school and are really comfortable an when I feel so or weather is actually bad I’ll drive the Escalade but she also gets a wash asap afterwards then sits for maybe the weekend or a month from then. But summertime is where she gets her mileage in wife loves going garage sales an I don’t mind I’ve nabbed a few BA things for man cave in basement lol a good chunk in pic below not fridge not chairs but majority everything else lol

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score

Attachments

• 1651622210291.png
    1651622210291.png
    384.2 KB · Views: 5

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score