stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no replacement for displacement, yummy 8.1 .... but why do they always have to be pewter? not a fan of that color :), haha.

You must be registered for see images attach

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
no replacement for displacement, yummy 8.1 .... but why do they always have to be pewter? not a fan of that color :), haha.

Not a fan of pewter either, I swear almost every NBS (especially Duramax's) that I see is either black, white, or pewter.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Not a fan of pewter either, I swear almost every NBS (especially Duramax's) that I see is either black, white, or pewter.
Cause GM got a great deal on pewter paint, LOL! When we first got our other 99 Burb, I had to learn the license plate real quickly or I'd be trying to get into the wrong truck. My dad and I were in it, not long after we got it, and there were 3 other pewter trucks at the same intersection, on Loop 610 west in Houston. Another Burb, a Yukon and a pickup. There'd be a half dozen or so of that color truck in the average Walmart or other large store parking lot...this was in 2005, but they're still common. When the 14s came out GM modified the color a little ( it seems whiter,maybe a different metallic in it), but they are still using that formula. Seen several 21 suvs that color. And black and white are standard fleet colors, so there's always going to be plenty of them. And the newer generations of trucks have similar distribution of colors. Most vehicles anymore seem to be some shade of gray/ beige, if not black or white. People don't want to draw undue attention to themselves....
Until you get the young uns with their fancy new trucks and muscle cars, they get the showy colors.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Cause GM got a great deal on pewter paint, LOL! When we first got our other 99 Burb, I had to learn the license plate real quickly or I'd be trying to get into the wrong truck. My dad and I were in it, not long after we got it, and there were 3 other pewter trucks at the same intersection, on Loop 610 west in Houston. Another Burb, a Yukon and a pickup. There'd be a half dozen or so of that color truck in the average Walmart or other large store parking lot...this was in 2005, but they're still common. When the 14s came out GM modified the color a little ( it seems whiter,maybe a different metallic in it), but they are still using that formula. Seen several 21 suvs that color. And black and white are standard fleet colors, so there's always going to be plenty of them. And the newer generations of trucks have similar distribution of colors. Most vehicles anymore seem to be some shade of gray/ beige, if not black or white. People don't want to draw undue attention to themselves....
Until you get the young uns with their fancy new trucks and muscle cars, they get the showy colors
if only it was a 2 door, GM running old school tech but still had old guys in styling dept, instead of the copy cats in there now.

That looks grandpa fresh!