stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our race team captain just did a dip on our car. It's far cheaper than paint or a wrap, and can be stripped off later on. The prep work is about on par with a wrap. The surface has to be immaculately clean. He did a purple/teal color changing dip, and I was intrigued when he said there's a yellow/green also available.

...but... I'm not a fan. It's a matte finish, and there are very few cases where I like a matte finish. Also, when our tow rig broke down, a passing semi had nuked his engine and coated everything on the bridge with oil. When we wiped down the car the next day, we discovered all those oil spots had eaten tiny holes in the dip. Supposedly you can rub all the holes closed with the special cleaner they sell, but it looks like it would take a fair amount of elbow grease.

View media item 32769

R422b

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think that would be pretty terrifying to drive in a side wind.
Isn't pretty much every van on the road. But yeah that thing don't look drivable to me. Of course when it comes to tires I'm a stocker.

Talking about GMT400s using Tapatalk

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We talked to the owner, he drives all over the country.
We asked about driving it the wind, and we get some pretty heavy winds that are known to blow semi's over on certain hwy's here in Northern Nevada. He said he's only had a couple butt pucker moments.

cc333

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The wheelbase seems a little short for that camper, yes?

It looks pretty well done otherwise!

c