stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is very nice looking 2nd gen. Price isn't too bad, could be worse.

For real though, those 2nd gens can get nasty here in Iowa. There was a guy selling a blue 2nd gen Cummins that had over 200k miles and the body was shot, but wanted $6k. I'd be lucky to get $6k out of my 98!! lol
The price is a little more than what i would want to spend he’d have to come down a some. I know theres some vehicles around here that are from up north and they are ate up.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
That’s good to hear you didn’t have problems with the motor. I know that everything is gonna have it’s little problems that drive you nuts. I’ve never owned a diesel before so it would all be new to me, however i know they are pretty expensive to maintain and i know they love fuel. That would probably be one of the first things I would want to do to it, is the exhaust. I never knew about the trans not having a lockout, that seems like it could be dangerous lol. Overall I know it’s not a brand new truck and it may have its problems now and then, but it is newer than anything i have and i need something a little more reliable. Im hoping i can get it, but I gotta wait until next Saturday to head to the bank and talk to them.

I say go for it. My '02 got about 17-18 mpg on average. But it was expensive as hell to fill up. Reliable, yes. Comfortable, not really. Loud as hell. But I do kind of miss her.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I say go for it. My '02 got about 17-18 mpg on average. But it was expensive as hell to fill up. Reliable, yes. Comfortable, not really. Loud as hell. But I do kind of miss her.
I’m gonna go to the bank this Saturday, hopefully it’s not gone by then. 17-18 mpg is actually pretty good, a little more than I expected. I’d love to have it. I’m not really concerned about comfortable, my 400 is like riding in a tank lol. If i get it im not sure how I’d wanna do the exhaust, I’ve thought about dual 8” diamond mitre stacks lol.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I’m gonna go to the bank this Saturday, hopefully it’s not gone by then. 17-18 mpg is actually pretty good, a little more than I expected. I’d love to have it. I’m not really concerned about comfortable, my 400 is like riding in a tank lol. If i get it im not sure how I’d wanna do the exhaust, I’ve thought about dual 8” diamond mitre stacks lol.
6" dual chrome Aussie stacks ftw :headbang:

You must be registered for see images attach

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just dump it before the rear axle. Thats what I do with my diesels. No exhaust kits, muffler removing etc. All I do is a turn down after the emissions crap I have to keep on and it sounds pretty good. Loud enough to hear and easy to switch back to stock if needed.