stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I was looking at all these low priced vehicles and saying dang they aren't too bad. The burb price brought me back down to reality. Good ol' Texas with our high prices.
The crazy thing about it is Texas isn't the only state where (generally) rust-free trucks come from, but I'm guessing that's why people ask a premium for 'em here. Every single complete POS I've looked at in the last couple years the seller thinks it's made of gold. I mean...trucks I would have paid less than $1K for not long ago, sellers think they're $3K-$5K now, LOL

Richard

90lsx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The crazy thing about it is Texas isn't the only state where (generally) rust-free trucks come from, but I'm guessing that's why people ask a premium for 'em here. Every single complete POS I've looked at in the last couple years the seller thinks it's made of gold. I mean...trucks I would have paid less than $1K for not long ago, sellers think they're $3K-$5K now, LOL

Richard

I've been looking for a roller single cab or a beater and they all want 3k, I can't even part it out and get that kinda money lol some people are a little bananas.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Richard
Same here in Nc.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't found OK too be too hard on the 400s as far as rust goes. Well, not in SE OK anyway. But I have noticed that the next body style seems to get real crusty along the rockers and door sills.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got offered 8500 for my heap and I turned the guy down flat. But I guess it's just the sentimental value that is tied to our truck.

My wife always asked me how much would I sell my suburban lol. I've always said there's no number I would be selling it for:) 23yrs of memories and major life milestones....

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My wife always asked me how much would I sell my suburban lol. I've always said there's no number I would be selling it for:) 23yrs of memories and major life milestones....
My gf asks me all the time would i trade it for a brand new truck and i tell her no. She looks at me like i lost my mind lmao. Her dad thinks I’m crazy for keeping it through all the trouble ive had with it. There’s just a bond that can’t be broke!

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My gf asks me all the time would i trade it for a brand new truck and i tell her no. She looks at me like i lost my mind lmao. Her dad thinks I’m crazy for keeping it through all the trouble ive had with it. There’s just a bond that can’t be broke!

Right there with you. My in laws tell me I could of bought another new suburban with all the work I've done on it lol. They just dont get it. Gm got it right when they made these trucks. The newer ones are just not the same. Tell you what I really wish gm would make a dedicated factory on reproducing a brand new 2020 chevy that was based on the gmt400 bumper to bumper..