stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry I’m a little behind on this thread, but wait a sec! Is that MWM 6 cyl diesel factory installed? [emoji50]

I know nothing about them, size performance, etc. But that’s still pretty cool to see.
That is incredible. I'm not particularly a 4wd fan, unless it's a 70s ford high boy. But I never realized all of the options these trucks could have in other countries. I would have thought a short bed, single cab diesel 400 would have sold well in the USA. Wonder why it was never offered.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
There were all kinds of variants from different manufacturers (GM, Toyota, Ford, VW) with diesel options in foreign markets that the US wouldn't allow. Sucks, because their fuel economy is excellent.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Yea, Diesels in the US are regulated by the engines emissions. Doesnt matter about the size of the engine, just how its rated from the manufacturer. And usually the bigger the engine the more efficient it is, thats why small diesels are just now coming into play because technology is allowing the smaller displacement engines to finally pass spec.

In theory GM could have put a detroit diesel out of a big rig in a GMT400 and it would have been legal to sell in the US because the engine emissions rating passed their regulations.