stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Not trying to rag on anyone who likes those little chrome panels on the bottom, but I have always been suspicious of them. Every one I have seen with them on it, were hiding all kinds of secrets.
No offense taken, that's what I used them for, to hide some of the rust. But, I hated having to polish them every week (due to them rusting as well!) in the middle of winter, with single digit temps. I liked them, but it was getting to be way more trouble than they were worth. I also shouldn't have cheaped out on them either, they were about $140 on eBay, from China. I should've known they weren't real stainless.

I did get them removed this morning and of course, I will need repaint the bottom of the truck, since the people who re-did the truck before me didn't do it correctly. I will get it repainted with Raptor Liner, since the bottom of it is black anyway, it should look half-way factory.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Looks like a Cheyenne, but that two tone is throwing me off. IIRC, only Silvy's got the two-tone paint job. Either way, that sounds like a good deal for only $2500. Looks fairly clean, and lower miles.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score