stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vr1967

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I was going to tow enough to justify a gooseneck that size, I'd go that route. But I'll mainly just be hauling junk or parts vehicles here and there,

From Tiger Trailers, who I got to build mine. I called all over when I had mine built, and they beat everyone’s price. Now they build off what I wanted, though the gooseneck version is a few feet shorter than mine. I wanted this one long enough to haul my tractor and implement, along with being low enough to tow a car on it etc.
It (eventually) replaced my 35+5, with 12k axles deck over.

Here is their bumper pull model. I’ll put mine’s craftsmanship up again any trailer that comes out of Mt Pleasant TX

You must be registered for see images attach

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Quoted for the future!
Here's the deal, guys... This is not a brand new luxury truck with all the bells and whistles or a maintenance-free disposable import. It has a solid frame, straight body, wind noise, character, and more stories than your grandpa. It's a truck. It rides like a truck. It drives like a truck. All of these are GOOD things.
It is not new, it is not pristine, it is 20 years old.
If you do not own a toolbox, have never changed your own oil, and are scared of firearms: THIS TRUCK IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you have been posting on Facebook all about how excited you are for pumpkin spice latte season: THIS TRUCK IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you get offended easy and often, whine to your co-workers, and complain a lot: THIS TRUCK IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you feel you are owed anything in the world & have a BS job where you fail to produce: THIS TRUCK IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you own a Bieber album, white Oakley’s, affliction t-shirts, or those cheesy stitched-pocket jeans: THIS TRUCK IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you consider the 2nd Amendment an anachronistic relic and have never owned a firearm: THIS TRUCK IS NOT FOR YOU.
If, however, you have BALLS OF STEEL and consider adverse weather an excuse to do stupid stuff: THIS MIGHT BE YOUR TRUCK.

Do you laugh at danger and tempt fate?
Have you ever uttered the words, "Hold my beer and watch this ..."?
While bored at work, do you pick targets at random and think, "I could hit that from here with the .22 ..."?
Have any of your friends quit hanging out because you were too much fun?
When you pass an abandoned flatbed farm truck along a fence-line do you consider taking on another project?
Is your ol' lady really sick of the random piles of parts, greasy footprints, and empty beer bottles in the garage?
-could you not care less?
Do you still miss your first ride?
Can you carry on a two hour conversation discussing tools, scars, and hi-lift jacks?
Remember when tool companies had the stones to put half-naked beauty queens on their calendars?
Do you consider the Prius an abominable affront to the Gods of displacement, torque, and All Mighty Internal Combustion?
If you answered in the affirmative to the preceding:
THIS MIGHT BE YOUR TRUCK.

Here’s what you’re getting:
1999 Chevrolet K3500 crew cab with long bed
Straight body and frame
4" body lift
33" Kumho mud terrains
16" American Racing wheels
7.4L/454 V8 that probably needs replaced (approx $2700)
Worth about $6000 running

QUESTIONS:
-Why are you selling?
It's running like crap and I need something reliable to haul the offspring around in. Truth be told, I'd rather keep it as a project truck, but my wife says no.
-What's wrong with it?
It sounds like the Fourth of July as you drive down the road. She's got a little hitch in her giddy-up and doesn't get up and go like she used to. The ABS is probably broken, but that's a bell/whistle you don't really need.
-Does the 4WD work?
Hell yes. Like a Dickensian Orphan.
-Will you sell me the [engine / tranny / rear door / axle / etc.]?
No. I'm not in the salvage business. Buy the truck. Fix the truck. Love the truck. Give the truck a job.
-Will you take [insert ridiculously stupid low number here]?
No. If I wanted [ridiculously low number] I would have asked [ridiculously low number] Want a cheap car? Get your kid that lowered tuner Honda project down the road. I think I'm plenty cheap for this beast. First full-price offer gets a free case of silver bullets!
-Can I put a 6" lift and giant tires on it?
I don't care. But be sure to use quality components and for God's sake - get it aligned after a lift!
-Would this make a good truck for my son?
Hell. Yes. Not only a good truck, a learning experience. Introduction to vehicular maintenance. Additionally, it's a great truck for him to make some of those huntin', muddin', "hold my beer and watch this" memories that you and I have.
-Can you deliver?
Within 10 miles of Monroe. But really, you should come get it (and bring a trailer or something to tow it with). Look it over. Have a beer. Etc.
-Will you take a personal check/ Western Union Transfer / Nigerian Promissory Note?
Would you take a ball pein hammer to the forehead? No. I'll take Cash. Period. Bring cash or don't show.
-Will you ship to -?
No. See above.
-Do you want to trade?
Unless you count cash as a trade, my wife says no. I don't want your old beat-to-**** Honda.
-Why are you such a dick?
Everything is relative; you should see my friends.

Any other questions, feel free to reply and ask.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Quoted for the future!
Here's the deal, guys... This is not a brand new luxury truck with all the bells and whistles or a maintenance-free disposable import. It has a solid frame, straight body, wind noise, character, and more stories than your grandpa. It's a truck. It rides like a truck. It drives like a truck. All of these are GOOD things.
It is not new, it is not pristine, it is 20 years old.
If you do not own a toolbox, have never changed your own oil, and are scared of firearms: THIS TRUCK IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you have been posting on Facebook all about how excited you are for pumpkin spice latte season: THIS TRUCK IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you get offended easy and often, whine to your co-workers, and complain a lot: THIS TRUCK IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you feel you are owed anything in the world & have a BS job where you fail to produce: THIS TRUCK IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you own a Bieber album, white Oakley’s, affliction t-shirts, or those cheesy stitched-pocket jeans: THIS TRUCK IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you consider the 2nd Amendment an anachronistic relic and have never owned a firearm: THIS TRUCK IS NOT FOR YOU.
If, however, you have BALLS OF STEEL and consider adverse weather an excuse to do stupid stuff: THIS MIGHT BE YOUR TRUCK.

Do you laugh at danger and tempt fate?
Have you ever uttered the words, "Hold my beer and watch this ..."?
While bored at work, do you pick targets at random and think, "I could hit that from here with the .22 ..."?
Have any of your friends quit hanging out because you were too much fun?
When you pass an abandoned flatbed farm truck along a fence-line do you consider taking on another project?
Is your ol' lady really sick of the random piles of parts, greasy footprints, and empty beer bottles in the garage?
-could you not care less?
Do you still miss your first ride?
Can you carry on a two hour conversation discussing tools, scars, and hi-lift jacks?
Remember when tool companies had the stones to put half-naked beauty queens on their calendars?
Do you consider the Prius an abominable affront to the Gods of displacement, torque, and All Mighty Internal Combustion?
If you answered in the affirmative to the preceding:
THIS MIGHT BE YOUR TRUCK.

Here’s what you’re getting:
1999 Chevrolet K3500 crew cab with long bed
Straight body and frame
4" body lift
33" Kumho mud terrains
16" American Racing wheels
7.4L/454 V8 that probably needs replaced (approx $2700)
Worth about $6000 running

QUESTIONS:
-Why are you selling?
It's running like crap and I need something reliable to haul the offspring around in. Truth be told, I'd rather keep it as a project truck, but my wife says no.
-What's wrong with it?
It sounds like the Fourth of July as you drive down the road. She's got a little hitch in her giddy-up and doesn't get up and go like she used to. The ABS is probably broken, but that's a bell/whistle you don't really need.
-Does the 4WD work?
Hell yes. Like a Dickensian Orphan.
-Will you sell me the [engine / tranny / rear door / axle / etc.]?
No. I'm not in the salvage business. Buy the truck. Fix the truck. Love the truck. Give the truck a job.
-Will you take [insert ridiculously stupid low number here]?
No. If I wanted [ridiculously low number] I would have asked [ridiculously low number] Want a cheap car? Get your kid that lowered tuner Honda project down the road. I think I'm plenty cheap for this beast. First full-price offer gets a free case of silver bullets!
-Can I put a 6" lift and giant tires on it?
I don't care. But be sure to use quality components and for God's sake - get it aligned after a lift!
-Would this make a good truck for my son?
Hell. Yes. Not only a good truck, a learning experience. Introduction to vehicular maintenance. Additionally, it's a great truck for him to make some of those huntin', muddin', "hold my beer and watch this" memories that you and I have.
-Can you deliver?
Within 10 miles of Monroe. But really, you should come get it (and bring a trailer or something to tow it with). Look it over. Have a beer. Etc.
-Will you take a personal check/ Western Union Transfer / Nigerian Promissory Note?
Would you take a ball pein hammer to the forehead? No. I'll take Cash. Period. Bring cash or don't show.
-Will you ship to -?
No. See above.
-Do you want to trade?
Unless you count cash as a trade, my wife says no. I don't want your old beat-to-**** Honda.
-Why are you such a dick?
Everything is relative; you should see my friends.

Any other questions, feel free to reply and ask.
This reminds me of two really funny ads I have seen. One was for a dodge viper. The guy was pretty much saying how a 500+hp car with no TC, ABS, etc. wants to kill you. Lol
The other was for a honda civic

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would hate to see Him after driving a Demon.

bugdewde

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Drive over fenders will be a must have on my next trailer if i ever upgrade.
When you attempt to put a 4x4 GMT 400 diesel Suburban on your trailer in 4-low..... When you think it needs throttle to get up the ramp, it will easily climb up on the fender. Trust me, it doesn't need throttle to get up the ramp in 4-low. Lol....