stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's due to how popular the Cummins swaps have become. They know a lot of people are buying an old, beat up Cummins powered truck just for the Cummins so they price them like they're gold.
I heard from a diesel shop owner next to one of our washes that Cummins was going to start offering a 12v crate motor very soon. Depending on the price that might take the shimmer off those golden turds wrapped around a used Cummins.

Reaction score
I heard from a diesel shop owner next to one of our washes that Cummins was going to start offering a 12v crate motor very soon. Depending on the price that might take the shimmer off those golden turds wrapped around a used Cummins.
Im surprised they didn't do that sooner considering the popularity of those motors... side note, this weekend I met two engineers that started working for cummins recently, I immediately started trying to get free swag

Reaction score
Just doing some preventive maintenance on the boilers at work and I stumbled across this beast in one of the mechanical rooms.
8.1L vortec, turbocharged and running on natural gas
You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Safe to assume that’s being used for emergencies only?
Yes'r. Backup generator in a residence hall. Just sits most of the time. 1/2 hour test run twice a year for the last 6 years, 12 hours of runtime on it

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Sounds like its about a year past its useable lifespan.... gotta sell it to somebody for scrap metal price. :)