stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd show up with a maf and cash. If it ran it would be mine. That is a donor just waiting for a clean vehicle that needs an engine, transmission or rear end. That has the potential to turn $2k of vehicles into $10k+.

That's just what I was thinking; buy a cheap roller, or one truck that needs and engine, a truck that needs a trans or a t-case; cannibalize that one for all the salvageable parts and then haul the remains to the crusher.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's just what I was thinking; buy a cheap roller, or one truck that needs and engine, a truck that needs a trans or a t-case; cannibalize that one for all the salvageable parts and then haul the remains to the crusher.
We paid $450 for a 99 Tahoe, $700 for a 97 Z71 with a smoked tranny and $500 for a 98 Z71 without an engine. We just took a deposit on the 97 for $4450. We'll ask somewhere around $3300 for the 98. Either way we'll clear $5k+ on the trucks and still have parts to sell.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My wife just looks at me sideways every time I try something like this. The older I get the more I have to agree with her. Doing that kind of work gets harder on my body with every project. I really think the engine rebuild on my Suburban last summer might be my last one. I spent a lot of $$$ at the chiropractor and on Aleve after that project!

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
I'd be snatching these up left and right to do all sorts of Frankenstein builds on if I could but having no garage and someone from the city who watches your place closely after trying to do an engine swap in your driveway and later sending you a certified letter telling you to move it off the property or face it being towed away, it makes it hard to do anything too crazy at my place. Which is dumb considering I know three other people on my street with non-running vehicles that haven't moved since I was a kid.

But now I'm just rambling.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
"4.3 V8 350, just file for title dont ask, not drivable dont ask, not even sure this car isnt stolen DONT ASK"

That's an aweful lot of "don't ask" for something that you expect someone else to buy.

There were a couple small V8s in the 80's, and I think they were all turds. I don't think they were ever common.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not a GMT400 but a fun "how much meth do you have to do to put out an ad like this?" post.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/dallas-clean-80-olds-cutless-2-door/6801508232.html

"4.3 V8 350, just file for title dont ask, not drivable dont ask, not even sure this car isnt stolen DONT ASK"

might not be meth'd out as you think.

it reads 4.3 V8 and Turbo 350 trans, imo.
80's g body's came with SB 267's,305's etc along with olds engines.
4.3 Liter V8 around 267.
Piece of junk either way. :)

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not a GMT400 but a fun "how much meth do you have to do to put out an ad like this?" post.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/dallas-clean-80-olds-cutless-2-door/6801508232.html

might not be meth'd out as you think.

it reads 4.3 V8 and Turbo 350 trans, imo.
80's g body's came with SB 267's,305's etc along with olds engines.
4.3 Liter V8 around 267.
Piece of junk either way. :)