Stub axle/CV shaft play/wobble?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andrews98

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a 98 tahoe 2 door and while troubleshooting what Im pretty sure is a driveline issue, I noticed that the driver's side stub axle (where it bolts to the cv shaft flange) has a lot of play/wobble in it. The seal for it was leaking pretty good so I replaced it along with the passengers side as well. I had also replaced the bearing that sits right behind that seal too, as I had found to be the case with some other owners with similar problems. However that didn't do anything to fix the issue, and still has the same amount of play/wobble. Does anyone or has anyone had the same problem and found the fix for it besides possibly rebuilding the front differential? I've been debating that if it does indeed need a rebuild, is it worth doing myself or should i just pull it myself and take it to a shop? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks