Strange noise coming from instrument cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Augusto

Reaction score
Hi there, my 94 Cheyenne when idling makes this noise coming from maybe inside of the instrument cluster, when i rev up a little the sound seems to be in sync with the engine, i thought it was the tachometer but most likely is not, btw my trip odometer quit working, is it possible that something broke in there and is making this noise? While driving I'm not sure if it sounds or not, too many noises around to hear this one.
Thanks for helping.

Augusto

Reaction score
Are you sure it's not the radio? Quite often GM had an issue with the alternator sending a high pitched whine through the radio. It followed engine rpm.

Ken
Not the radio, it is not like you mention, rather is like a low pitched noise, besides my radio is long dead.

Zseventy-one

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine has a pulsating sound soubds like it's inside dash or under. SOme research suggested it was fuel lines making contact with the firewall/trans tunnel. It's comes and goes, seems to be louder at idle. Just an idea

Augusto

Reaction score
Turned out the noise came from the fuel lines making contact with the firewall, just like you said, I installed the missing isolators and the noise is gone, thanks a lot, I appreciate your help.