Strange Error Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadChevy

Reaction score
I have a 98 K1500 and am getting 3 strange error codes

B2ERR
C01<D
P01<D

I am using a SacnTools OBDLink MX Bluetooth and the Android Torque App.

I saw on the Web (but can't find it now) that one of the codes could be for low Tranny fluid. Checked it and it was fine. I have put in a deep pan and filter on it. The Tranny is a 4L60-E.

I have tried clearing the codes but they come back.

I've done a bunch of work throughout the drivetrain (about 6 weeks off an on) and I didn't get these code before I did al the work, including changing all fluids and filters throughout, front and rear brake job, ABS sensors on the front, radiator, water pump, all hoses, power steering pump, rear-end fluids, major tune-up, majority of engine sensors, plugs, wires, cap, rotor.

Truck runs great but I'm concerned about these codes and possible low tranny fluid. I don't have any slippage, etc. going on.

I've invested tons of money into this truck and don't want to blow a trans or something.

Thanks ahead for any help.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 98 K1500 and am getting 3 strange error codes

B2ERR
C01<D
P01<D

I am using a SacnTools OBDLink MX Bluetooth and the Android Torque App.

I've not seen error codes on my OBDII 1998 GMT400 of that nature.

Search Google for "DTC B2ERR" and you'll see a number of references to "nonsense codes".

I'm used to seeing Letter-plus-four-digit codes, e.g., (just pulling this from the service manual) of the form "P0102" or "B1071". See attached.

Attachments

• Pages from VOLUME_1.pdf
    215.4 KB · Views: 2

MadChevy

Reaction score
ALL. Please disregard this post. My apologies.

I didn't do my due diligence.

Turns out there were firmware updates for both of my units. I have done the updates and tested the vehicle with both adapters and 2 different apps and am happy (although embarrased) to say no errors. Again, my apologies.

Nitro Junkie.

Thank you specefically for taking the time to try to find ananswer.

Sorry to have waisted your time.