Straight Axle Lift / Tire Size Combos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man I love this truck with the rockers
Thanks,it kind of had the old school look with the balloon tires everyone ran back in the 80's and 90's.
They actually road pretty good for how big and wide they were.

GreenZ98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks,it kind of had the old school look with the balloon tires everyone ran back in the 80's and 90's.
I had a set of the bias 33x13.50s and loved them. I'd buy another set now if you could still get them but they didn't even have 33s listed on their site anymore.

geeeee89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

you need to build another one lol really nice lookin truck

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you need to build another one lol really nice lookin truck
Thanks, I would love to do another one. The wife would kill me, she hated that truck.
I' have my 66 nova that has been keeping me busy, and the wife wants an international scout for her project. We are trying to find her a scout

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kind of miss the big *******.
Off road direct solid axle swap kit, sky manufacturing cross over steering. 8" sky jacker soft rides leafs (47') up front and 8 " leafs out back with a 1" block to level it out.
Around 11" of lift.
40x15.5x20's on 20x12 moto metal wheels.
The flex pic was on 15x12 bart steel wheels wrapped in 39.5x16.5x15 pitbull rockers.
Axles hp dana 44 front, sf 14 bolt rear. 5.13s for gears.

You must be registered for see images attach

Second pic looks so much better! From mall crawler to off road monster

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1989 2wd turnt SAS. Dana 44 front 14semi in the back. 33s for rollers will end up on 35” Patagonia’s.
Sm465 4.11s Detroit’s front and rear. I will have a build sheet soon. Wanted to throw these on because I couldn’t find smaller lifts.
Square body 47” fronts from pro-comp 2.5” lift. Rear is shackle flip axle has to come back at least 2”. The plan for the rear will be sting under with ORD custom rear leafs. ORD kit was used for conversion. End game will be like the added pics. Any insight or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

AirMdwn

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's an interesting build. Did the truck some with the 465? What TC are you going to run? Sourcing a trans cross member should be interesting, might have to build one. How come the axle needs to go back? Did the shackle flip push it toward?
x2 on the ORD springs. I've put about 500 miles on my 47" fronts and I'm happy with them. Paired them with some Bilsteins.

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No truck did not it was a 2wd 700r4. I swapped the clutch pedals out of a 92 diesel truck and it was a little bit of a pain. Nah I will bend a crossmember out of DOM. Here is a current pic and hopefully you can see the difference on the axle. Yeah the flip pushed it forward a bit. I'm getting close to wrapping it up.

Attachments

• PIG PEN SAS.jpeg
    PIG PEN SAS.jpeg
    564 KB · Views: 4

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's an interesting build. Did the truck some with the 465? What TC are you going to run? Sourcing a trans cross member should be interesting, might have to build one. How come the axle needs to go back? Did the shackle flip push it toward?
x2 on the ORD springs. I've put about 500 miles on my 47" fronts and I'm happy with them. Paired them with some Bilsteins.
No truck did not it was a 2wd 700r4. I swapped the clutch pedals out of a 92 diesel truck and it was a little bit of a pain. Nah I will bend a crossmember out of DOM. Here is a current pic and hopefully you can see the difference on the axle. Yeah the flip pushed it forward a bit. I'm getting close to wrapping it up.