Found K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
On 12/5 @ 10:11 A.M.my 1993 K1500 was stolen from the parking lot of the Clarion Hotel, 1050 Burnette Avenue, Concord CA. Longbed regular cab 4x4,Medium Quasar blue with blue interior and aluminum 6 bolt wheels. 5.7 with automatic straight and rust free with faded paint on the hood and roof. Has a Rack-it lumber rack Has new brakes, oil cooler lines and a set of Billstein shocks. Has an aftermarket Pioneer CD player in the dash. Hotel surveillance shows dirtbag walking straight from the sidewalk to my truck. Opened the locked door in less than 15 seconds and spent less than a minute tearing into the ignition switch to get it started and drove it away. In all it took about 90 seconds to do the deed. Obviously not his first theft. Although it looks pretty clean it may be a disappointment to the thieves. The tires are ancient Michelin LTs that have dry rotted and the motor is tired with a burnt exhaust valve on #6 cylinder reading 70# pressure. If anyone sees it in Contra Costa County, Concord, Martinez, Pacheco or anywhere contact me or the Concord police. 925-671-3220, Report # 22-12573.
I would really like to get it back. I'll get some photos up later.
Thanks for reading this far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
On 12/5 @ 10:11 A.M.my 1993 K1500 was stolen from the parking lot of the Clarion Hotel, 1050 Burnette Avenue, Concord CA. Longbed regular cab 4x4,Medium Quasar blue with blue interior and aluminum 6 bolt wheels. 5.7 with automatic straight and rust free with faded paint on the hood and roof. Has a Rack-it lumber rack Has new brakes, oil cooler lines and a set of Billstein shocks. Has an aftermarket Pioneer CD player in the dash. Hotel surveillance shows dirtbag walking straight from the sidewalk to my truck. Opened the locked door in less than 15 seconds and spent less than a minute tearing into the ignition switch to get it started and drove it away. In all it took about 90 seconds to do the deed. Obviously not his first theft. Although it looks pretty clean it may be a disappointment to the thieves. The tires are ancient Michelin LTs that have dry rotted and the motor is tired with a burnt exhaust valve on #6 cylinder reading 70# pressure. If anyone sees it in Contra Costa County, Concord, Martinez, Pacheco or anywhere contact me or the Concord police. 925-671-3220, Report # 22-12573.

Paul

Last edited:
Reaction score
Recovered with minimal damage and back in service since the begining of February. The theft on 12/5/22 wasn't the worst thing to happen to me last year but it felt like the lowest moment ever. And then I caught a break The truck was found on 12/22 and towed to an impound yard where it spent the Christmas Holiday . It was stolen on a rainy monday morning in Concord and found in a parking space at an apartment house in Walnut Creek 2 1/2 weeks later It was intact though the aftermarket LED headlight housings had been removed from the grill and set on the floor of the cab but the bulbs were still in the sockets. They broke into the steering column to access the ignition, necessitating complete replacement. My theif didn't seem to want to steal things. All of my personal gear in the cab was still there. The tools, the James Brown CD, a chest of forged towing chains and hardware etc. Insurance company CSAA was easy to work with and readily agreed to my mechanics estimation which included a valve job and complete replacement steering column. The adjuster was quick to get the money to Mike and Chris who did the work at Anywhere Automotive while Joe's Machine Shop in Concord did the heads The valve job took over a week partly because of covid and partly because joe's is one of the last automotive machine shops still going in the entire county and they are busy. The total bill to make everything right was a little over $5700 just under the amount where CSAA would have written it off as a total loss. In fact they left me a message to that effect the morning of 12/22. I didn't get that message until the next day. I took a call a little after 5P.M. on the 22nd from the DConcord police telling me my truck ad been found and towed to an impound yard and the officer told me to go there immediately to pick up my personal stuff and sign a release so it could be towed to the shop of my choice. Due to the Holiday CSAA couldn't get it out until the 27th which was fine. They covered the storage and towing. CSAA was easy and agreeable. I have alway carried full insurance coverage on this truck. A few people I know questioned if that was a smart thing to do. Yes it was. I have had a couple uninsured loses in the past and being forced to absorb the lose cost me way more than simply paying the insurance company to handle it. I made one mistake with the insurance. When I got that policy I had enough experience to know what I wanted. But on the insurance feature where you select if you get a rental car while yours is in the shop. I got the minimum coverage offered not really seeing this as a likely happenstanceI eas getting $25 a day rental vehicle for 17 days, I got a Tundra to replace the truck which cost $45 a day and I kept it from 12/6 until 1/18. I thought I was going to need it everyday. I was dumb. I didn't need it everyday. If I were smart about it I would have taken an Uber and saved a wad of cash I went out of pocket about $1800 needlessly
I have since made the change to my policy
I'm pretty happy with how it worked out.

Paul

Reaction score
I removed them for you.
This post is all about the recovery and repair, Back on the road and running great. Read all about it here, Thank you for the help.

Is there a way to change the original title from Stolen to Found?

Also big "Thank You!" to the Concord and Walnut Creek Police Departments for following though on this bit of routine police business to recover my truck.

Last edited: