Stock tire pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Postmech

Reaction score
Door placards recommend pressures at rated Gross Vehicle Weight (GVWR) for tires that originally came on vehicle. Different types and sizes of tires require different pressures. If your like me, 90 % of the time, I am running with an empty bed. So no need to max out pressure most of the time. Doing the water or chalk test will get you in the ballpark, then adjust for even wear. You can also use a laser thermo to compare temps on center and side of tread. Hotter in middle means to much pressure , and vice versa colder in middle means to add pressure. Sorry, about length of post , my wife wont let me talk much.lol

LouF

Reaction score
Door placards recommend pressures at rated Gross Vehicle Weight (GVWR) for tires that originally came on vehicle.
Thankyou. Right, my target is for unloaded use. I think I might reduce pressure by -2/-3 (front/rear). Maybe -1/-2

LouF

Reaction score
Here is this formula using a 265/75R16 E with 60 psi in the tire;
3,085 / 80 psi = 38.57 pounds of carrying capacity per PSI.
38.57lb X 60psi = 2,314 load carrying capacity
This is a convenient way to accomplish (and remember) a linear interpolation through loads/pressures. THANKS!