Stock replacement cab mounts, non-existant?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jess t

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been looking (unsuccessfully) for stock rubber cab mounts for my 92 C1500 Silverado std cab for a while now. Are they impossible to find?
TIA, Jess in ky.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've heard 2 options lmc or polyurethane. That being said it may be an easter egg hunt trying to see if any dealers have them in there parts shelves.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I just put the Energy Suspension mounts in my dually and I like them.

They are firmer on the little things like tar strips but prevent the big hits like potholes from spilling your Big Gulp.

jess t

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
"The rubber ones at Summit Racing are
AMD-427-4081 for the core support,
GMK-414599081S or SHI-898-210 for the rest.
All are sold each.
Not cheap but they come with hardware"

Thanks, I'll check into them.
Jess

jess t

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
"GMK-414599081S for the rest"

Summit racing has these, do I need 4?
LMC shows two diffferent ones for the cab mounts, 31-2002 and 31-2003 (both listed as upper cushion cab mount) and shows 31-2001 as lower cushion cab mount, for both. Pic looks like the front cab mounts may be shorter than the rear cab mounts (std cab). Summit only shows one mount, so do they fit? Anyone used the Summit mounts and actually put them on and found them to fit correctly? Thanks, sorry to nit pick. JT

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I had poly under the front of my cab and it was MISERABLE, I cannot understate how much I hated it. It would damn near launch a drink out of the cupholder on the dash, and would just hammer your spine on a sharp edged bump like a crack in the road. I had luck in the junkyard by grabbing stock mounts out from under the core support. Those survived the best on my truck as well.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I had poly under the front of my cab and it was MISERABLE, I cannot understate how much I hated it. It would damn near launch a drink out of the cupholder on the dash, and would just hammer your spine on a sharp edged bump like a crack in the road. I had luck in the junkyard by grabbing stock mounts out from under the core support. Those survived the best on my truck as well.

I wonder if that's part of what's wrong with my truck. My truck rides like a wagon and it didn't do that originally. I've replaced many of the typical wear parts, and I've wondered if maybe my shackles are seized as the rear end will bounce. I also have one urethane cab bushing in the back. The original was shot, and had a huge stack of shims on it. I bought a set, but only used that one.