Steve, my 1995 K1500 Cowboy Cadillac.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Removed the accessories and got it up on the stand. I switched stands later to a better one from Northern Tool. This one would bounce for a bit every time you touched the motor.
You must be registered for see images attach

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Went to the junkyard with my buddy to grab an Explorer 8.8 for his 57' Chevy. I pulled a distributor from a 1995 Deville while I was there. I used the ignition module and wiring harness from that and cut a slot on my old distributor to set it up for computer control.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
First valve cover off! You can see the busted valve seals that these engines are notorious for. Note the bizarre and utterly inadequate factory rocker setup!

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Here I am turning my puller into a banana getting the hub off. Fun fact, these do not use a crank bolt, and the 10 or so pound cast iron crank pulley is only held onto the engine with a press fit. There are threads for hub installation, and at the factory the hole was plugged with a wine cork. Mine still had the cork in there so the cover had never been off.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
The timing gear on these motors had nylon coated teeth. Mine were all still there, but many Cadillacs had tooth fragments scattered in the valley or clogging the oil pump pickup. Mine was clogged with just the valve seal fragments.