Stereo upgrade on my 1993 GMC K1500 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXDevilDog

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally finished my stereo upgrade.

Before I sold my 2014 Denali I took the stereo out of it, along with the sub box.

I took off the door panels from my 93 and fiberglassed in two rings for 6.5 in speakers and installed my Focals in them. I used the dash for the focal tweets.

I used the same box and flipped it, modified it, painted it and placed it behind my seat. The box has an amp rack where I have a JL 5 channel amp powering everything. I also installed an 8 farad cap up front.

For the head unit I bought the new Sony xav-ax8000 with a 9 in touchscreen. Awesome because it uses a single din. Installed a rear view camera and bam, my 1993 is all 2020.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

chriscc07

Reaction score
This looks good man. I was looking at a similar radio for my 93. Does the Sony let you move the screen down so it doesn't totally block the AC vents? I'm in Florida so AC is a big deal.

TXDevilDog

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This looks good man. I was looking at a similar radio for my 93. Does the Sony let you move the screen down so it doesn't totally block the AC vents? I'm in Florida so AC is a big deal.

Radio will block part of the vents. Mine are pointed up. Have a single cab so get cool quick