Stepside toolbox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
IDK if anyone makes a stainless tool box for trucks. Are you sure your not thinking about aluminum? That should be available.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think that is what I'm thinking of lol. Thanks for correcting me.
I found one on the autozone web sight, but you have to put in your truck info. Also homedepot and lowes should have them too, although you may need to special order one for a steep side.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
UWS is a good box. A drop in box may be easier to find than an over the rails box. I have had may different boxes over the years. I did away with the one I had on my truck in 2013 when I had my truck repainted. I kind of turned my truck into a street rally sport extended cab, more than a work horse. First pic is before 2013, second pic is much more recent.
You must be registered for see images attach

93sierrak1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have thought about a drop-in box but my bed is already small enough and I will be throwing deer and stuff in the bed from time to time. I would really like a low profile toolbox to put a rifle/fishing rod in since I will have a sub behind the seat.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here are a few, but they aint cheap. Like I said, try lowes, and home depot. Maybe they can order you one.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I think tool boxes made for the mid-size pickups (like the S10, Ranger) would fit a stepside. Or are the stepside's inside narrower than an S10s?