Steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So one of my 95's steering wheel is going to hell. It is a non airbag wheel. Is there a difference between the non air bag and air bag wheels? I don't know how much searching I'm going to have to do to find one yet but I have a feeling that I might be hard pressed to find a non airbag wheel.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Airbag & non-airbag steering wheels are indeed difficult.

Non-airbag wheels have a large horn pad.

Airbag wheels have a small airbag.

Non- airbag wheels can be found on all 95-96 models & 97 3500 models.

An airbag wheel & airbag will fit.
Will the horn still work, dunno.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you. I would prefer to stay with a non air bag since I don't have any of the stuff to control the air bag. I'll have to do some searching. I can get a new one from rock auto but don't really want to pay the price they are asking for a truck I don't think has a whole lot of life left in it. I was hoping that I could use a air bag wheel and just swap my center section into it.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
IMO that listing on RockAuto is a steal. Unless I'm mistaken this wheel (non-airbag non leather wrapped '95+) is pretty much the only wheel for these trucks that's still available new.

If I were you I'd pay what they're asking (with the 5% forum member discount we get of course) and consider myself lucky I still have the option to buy new.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IMO that listing on RockAuto is a steal. Unless I'm mistaken this wheel (non-airbag non leather wrapped '95+) is pretty much the only wheel for these trucks that's still available new.

If I were you I'd pay what they're asking (with the 5% forum member discount we get of course) and consider myself lucky I still have the option to buy new.
I agree it is a good price but it would be the nicest thing in the truck lol. Im pretty sure the tires and battery I put on it 3-4 weeks ago are worth more then the truck. The truck has been rode hard for years. I'm just trying to keep it going till I get my other 95 figured out and able to drive it again. I don't need a new one but the material from about the 10 o'clock to 1 o'clock has separated from the inner ring and you can twist it back and forth. I do consider my self lucky to be able to get one for new but at some point it's time to call it quits on this thing and stop dumping money into it. Thats one reason I quit driving it 2+years ago. Thats why I'm looking for used hoping I can get it cheaper then new.