Steering Wheel Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Y’all need to get out more.

:lol: I just got back from Vegas! I do stuff sometimes!

Don't lie, you know if you had unlimited storage space you'd like to have one of those on a shelf somewhere. Rare or foreign market GMT400 parts are awesome. I'm still kicking myself for not buying a couple sets of the Brazilian Arteb headlights a while back when I had the opportunity.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Don't lie, you know if you had unlimited storage space you'd like to have one of those on a shelf somewhere. Rare or foreign market GMT400 parts are awesome. I'm still kicking myself for not buying a couple sets of the Brazilian Arteb headlights a while back when I had the opportunity.

No way, that sucker's going in my truck if I get it!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No way, that sucker's going in my truck if I get it!

Keep in mind that the USA uses odd numbered frequencies for FM stations (like 101.5MHz) and lots of Europe uses even ones too (like 101.6MHz) so you may have some issues getting the radio to tune in properly. I'm admittedly far from an expert on this and I'd love to see the results, though.

EDIT - Here's a better explanation.

http://www.epanorama.net/documents/radio/radio_differences.html

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Yeah, but I'll be completely honest I'd be doing it mostly for the aesthetics of it lol... If the radio doesn't work, I won't be heartbroken in the least. I use my tape deck and USA-Spec iPod/Aux adapter 99% of the time.

SK Productions

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to have that radio too! I really like these theftlock radios. My mom's 1999 Silverado had one. It's neat because she had 2 boys and what do you think she'd buy? A fuel efficient car? Maybe an SUV? No. She goes and buys a truck then lifts it. It lasted us for the next 15 years she owned it lol

Anyway, that's why I got that radio. That and so I could have the CD slot below the AC controls too. That wasn't in the truck when I bought it

SK Productions

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got some good news. Bodyshop said truck was totaled, but I can get matching color rust free parts for under 500 bucks. I can get it fixed by next week and make it look like nothing ever happened. Insurance will pay off the loan too, so I get my rust fixed and my loan paid off for like 1/4 of the price! More good shall come out of this then bad

XJPhoenix

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got some good news. Bodyshop said truck was totaled, but I can get matching color rust free parts for under 500 bucks. I can get it fixed by next week and make it look like nothing ever happened. Insurance will pay off the loan too, so I get my rust fixed and my loan paid off for like 1/4 of the price! More good shall come out of this then bad

That's good! I'm glad you're doing well, sometimes it takes a day or two to feel the full effects from an impact.

When the bodyshop did their inspection, did they check the frame? Hopefully the frame is straight and everything is 5x5, that'd be my only concern.

:)

SK Productions

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
They didn't say anything about it. I don't think the accident was hard enough to effect the frame in any way. From what I can see, it looks pretty straight.

Should have the truck good as new by next week!