Steering Wheel Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The first photo in this thread, that radio is definitely not the same.

There are two additional buttons where the volume knob should be, and the volume knob is where the tune knob should be, with the tune knob over beside it.

I also just realized it's missing two of the audio adjustment knobs.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The first photo in this thread, that radio is definitely not the same.

There are two additional buttons where the volume knob should be, and the volume knob is where the tune knob should be, with the tune knob over beside it.

I also just realized it's missing two of the audio adjustment knobs.

That's a good catch, I didn't notice it at first but you're absolutely right. Whatever the radio @SK Productions has came out of was not a Suburban, the factory radio/tape deck from my '97 K1500 'burb looks exactly like what @AK49BWL posted. The radio in SK's first picture may have ended up in a Suburban, but I don't think it came in there from the factory. More likely someone else snagged it from another vehicle and dropped it in. I'd imagine the 1.5 DIN GM radios are fairly interchangeable, at least physically.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I'd imagine the 1.5 DIN GM radios are fairly interchangeable, at least physically.

They are.. I'm running a CD deck with tape slave from a 98-02 Blazer, just had to swap the bottom cover on the radio so it'd have the slides for the truck instead of the through-hole mounting the S-trucks and cars use.. What's killing me about it is how similar it looks to the "regular" radios, and yet I can't find one that looks like it anywhere online. I've never seen one like it before.

SK Productions

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH I confused you guys. That picture isn't an actual picture of my truck. It was from somewhere online just so I could get an image of my current steering wheel. Sorry for the confusion

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are.. I'm running a CD deck with tape slave from a 98-02 Blazer, just had to swap the bottom cover on the radio so it'd have the slides for the truck instead of the through-hole mounting the S-trucks and cars use.. What's killing me about it is how similar it looks to the "regular" radios, and yet I can't find one that looks like it anywhere online. I've never seen one like it before.

Maybe European market?

https://www.ls1.com/forums/f50/strange-partnumber-monsoon-radio-177617/

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Last edited:

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
So it must be the European version, looks they don't use AM/FM? I would just get it for ***** and giggles lol. Costs almost 6.00 USD, sounds pretty cheap.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score